Tables in Dining Room Question...

In the dining room, does the Mariner of the Seas have tables which just seat four people? If so, can you request a four top table? And if you can, does your TA do that prior to sailing or do you request it once you're on board?

Thanks for the information....I am a newbie!!

I am pretty sure you can request a table for four, or even for two. But I think you need to do it early on, don't wait till you board, by then tables will already be assigned. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

If you want a specific size table, you should request it in advance. However, be aware, that it is just a request, not a guarantee. When you get on board ship, go check your seating assignment. If it isn't a 4-top (or whatever size you want) then go see the maitre'd. You have a better chance of getting it if you request in advance than if you wait until you are on the ship.

Why do you want a table for 4? I think a lot of the cruise experiance is meeting new people at dinner!!! I love getting a large table and meeting different people from all over the world! Yes, there has been some horror stories about eating with others, but if you don't fit with the people just ask to be changed, we did on the second night of a cruise and our new table mates were AWESOME!!! So I HIGHLEY suggest that you get a large table and meet others -- it's always fun to come to dinner at night and see what everyone else did that day and see what everyone is doing the next day!!!

Personally, I don't think it matters why anyone wants a specific size of table. It's a personal preference. Some, even many, cruisers enjoy the large tables and meeting new people, but it's not required and it certainly doesn't mean someone is wrong or uninformed if they prefer a smaller table. Oh, did I mention, we've done both and now always request a table just for our party (sometimes just the two of us).

beachchick

There were a lot more tables for 4 than tables for 2 so you may get lucky. I hope you do and I hope you enjoy your cruise. We are not gregarious folk and would rather sit with our party or a limited number of others. I understand where you are coming from.

We requested a table for two about two weeks ago. Fingers are crossed. Our cruise isn't until October 1 - do you think we asked early enough?

PS - I own a retail store, so I work with the public on a daily basis, I don't need to interact with the public on my vacation, too!

Why do you want a table for 4? I think a lot of the cruise experiance is meeting new people at dinner!!! I love getting a large table and meeting different people from all over the world! Yes, there has been some horror stories about eating with others, but if you don't fit with the people just ask to be changed, we did on the second night of a cruise and our new table mates were AWESOME!!! So I HIGHLEY suggest that you get a large table and meet others -- it's always fun to come to dinner at night and see what everyone else did that day and see what everyone is doing the next day!!!

Just because you enjoy a large table, meeting other people and chatting with them doesn't mean everyone enjoys the same thing. DH and I just went on the Mariner with his two sisters and their husbands and it was great having a table for JUST the six of us, being comfortable with each other and not having to worry about making "small talk" with other strangers. To me, dinner with strangers is the worst part of the cruise. I do not cruise to make friends. I cruise to spend time with my husband and would much prefer having dinner and talking to just him when we cruise by ourselves.

Hi, we are cruising on Mariner on April 30th and went thru a TA.

When we met with her and was going thru all the info last year she asked what we preferred. Late or early dining and table for just us four or larger with others. We chose late seating, table for 4.

Hope this helps. :)

Archived