Anyone stayed in a Cloud 9 Spa Balcony cabin?(On the Sunshine)

bguppies

1 hour ago, Straitlover said:

If it matters, the Cloud 9 on Sunshine does not have the thasallotherapy (sp?) pool. I had been looking to book a spa room on Sunshine until I found that out.

Thank you.

That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for.

Doesn't matter about booking,  just checking about what perks you get with the cabin and what facilities are available on the Sunshine.

DW and her 2 friends booked apparently the only 3 spa balsonies on one side of the ship.

The other husbands and I are just along for the ride.

Edited by bguppies

It does have the heated tile chairs, the fancy steam rooms (lanconium, etc), just not the pool, which to me is the best part LOL. I'm hoping all the full spa passes don't sell out on my Oct cruise so I can buy a one-day pass onboard to go relax on the time chairs, though.

I believe we had the spa cabin on the Sunshine a few years back.  I sat on the chairs a few times...that was it.

But...as I recall (I could be wrong) the cabin was right by a large "deck".  We had an inside cabin...walked out...and had lots of loungers and space.  It was a great location.

We had one in December and it was a disappointment. We actually booked Cloud 9 Balcony for Horizon, but when Horizon had engine issues and they split our sailing, we ended up in Cloud 9 Balcony on Sunshine. The room just has different decor, different "special" toiletries, spa robes, and spa slippers really. You're also located close to the spa. FYI, the slippers are very small and cheap. We didn't even bother ask for other sizes, since a bigger cheap slipper still wasn't worth wearing.

Horizon has better steam rooms, the thalassotherapy pool as pointed out is missing from Sunshine, and the spa showers for before and after the steam rooms (and pool for the spas that have it) are not as nice. There are still the heated tile loungers.

So having seen both, I'd not bother going for Cloud 9 on Sunshine again myself.

Edited by CruiserLucas

15 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I believe we had the spa cabin on the Sunshine a few years back.  I sat on the chairs a few times...that was it.

But...as I recall (I could be wrong) the cabin was right by a large "deck".  We had an inside cabin...walked out...and had lots of loungers and space.  It was a great location.

Yeah it looks like you leave the cabins and go to the right and you are right in the spa area.

Leave the cabins and make a left and we are right by the lido deck/serenity area.

• 1 month later...

We’re on the Sunshine again in Jan, just accepted our very first upgrade to the Spa Balcony for $46.  Since the men’s sauna & steamrooms were broken in Sept, hoping the thermal rooms are working. In Jan, those heated seat might be perfect...

16 hours ago, bambam said:

We’re on the Sunshine again in Jan, just accepted our very first upgrade to the Spa Balcony for $46.  Since the men’s sauna & steamrooms were broken in Sept, hoping the thermal rooms are working. In Jan, those heated seat might be perfect...

The heated loungers and saunas were all working last month when we went.

Good luck to you.

39 minutes ago, VoorheesFamilyCruise said:

We were in a spa balcony on deck 10 in April. We enjoyed it, but not so much because of the amenities, I've had way better on other Carnival ships, but because of the location of our cabin. I've actually booked the same cabin again for our May 2023 trip. 

The location was good if you wanted quick access to the lido dexk or Guy's Burgers.

But loud as hell with lost people wandering the halls all hours of the day and night.

• 4 weeks later...

We had a Spa balcony back in October. Agree about the slippers, they are comically small if you have any foot size above an 8. The location was excellent. We were a two minute walk from the pool and lido and a ten second walk from the Spa desk. Didn't really encounter the loud noises in the hallway, ours was pretty quiet. We did enjoy the different heated rooms and the loungers were heavenly. Definitely missed having the pool though. The pricing was right for this one as we took a really well priced upgrade. We would book again, but much more for the location as for the amenities.

Room tour video included.