Advice needed re booking complimentary speciality dining Princess

Last month, thanks to advice on this forum, I learnt that you could use the medallion app to book complimentary speciality dining before the cruise. I have 5 Princess cruises that include a SD voucher as part of the deal. On the cruise personaliser I can see them listed and for next month's cruise it's also listed on the travel summary I printed. When I went into the Medallion app a few weeks ago, sure enough at the top of the dining page on four of the cruises I saw the message that I had a SD voucher to use. I successfully booked a SD for my November cruise using the credit so no charge to my credit card. All good. But my problem now is when I go into my other cruises to do the same, the message re the SD credit is gone and I can only book using my credit card. I have logged out and back in,and also checked on my husband's phone. I rang our friends who are travelling with us on two of the cruises and their credit shows fine on dining page.

I used the chat line on Princess who gave me a number to phone but they couldn't help.

Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks.

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

Are these B2B's?

I was able to book other complimentary ones after booking one for our next cruise.

No, all individual cruises. Good to know working for you. Must be a glitch in ours.  Normally I'd be happy to book once on board but our next cruise is only a two-nighter and with so many guests having complimentary SD, thought it wise to book now in case it's fully booked once aboard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tripmode33 said:

No, all individual cruises. Good to know working for you. Must be a glitch in ours.  Normally I'd be happy to book once on board but our next cruise is only a two-nighter and with so many guests having complimentary SD, thought it wise to book now in case it's fully booked once aboard.

It's glitchy definately.

I had a complimentary SD booked for our next cruise which starts next Tuesday. Then we booked the one we are currently on but, of course, we couldn't get the same cabin. My SD booking completely disappeared as the app linked the two bookings automatically. I check with the restaurant the other day and they have no record of the booking. Since we change cabins between cruises I can't even book until changeover day. All I can do is go there the day before and ask them to make a note to book us in.

3 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

I agree, better getting it in while you can, considering others are able to book the limited spots pre-cruise. Still, you have a complimentary and they have to try to honour it, but it could be a very late meal too.

Sometimes, it seems that coming back a day or two later, everything resolves itself. Hopefully the phone number works for you, as I figure that is the alternative for those pre-booking without the app.

6 hours ago, arxcards said:

I agree, better getting it in while you can, considering others are able to book the limited spots pre-cruise. Still, you have a complimentary and they have to try to honour it, but it could be a very late meal too.

Sometimes, it seems that coming back a day or two later, everything resolves itself. Hopefully the phone number works for you, as I figure that is the alternative for those pre-booking without the app.

No, phone number goes to a dedicated dining booking line. You select 'elite' if applicable but they can only book MDR or speciality dining with credit card. They can't book complimentary speciality dining.

I wonder if deleting the App and re-installing it would help?  We have done the recent updates.

Also, does the complimentary dining credit message come up on the web based version?

3 hours ago, Tripmode33 said:

No, phone number goes to a dedicated dining booking line. You select 'elite' if applicable but they can only book MDR or speciality dining with credit card. They can't book complimentary speciality dining.

I wonder if deleting the App and re-installing it would help?  We have done the recent updates.

Also, does the complimentary dining credit message come up on the web based version?

Deleting/re-install has never worked for me, and there were a few posts in the early medallion threads that were also trying that without success of fixing whatever the problem was. Maybe logging out and back in with just the booking number of the cruise that it is missing from, if you haven't already tried.

If the app needs to update because of your phone updates, it will show an update option for it in the play/apple store.

Maybe the web version will work, but I have no vouchers left to check. Does your "voucher" show on the personaliser on the "onboard services" page?

With some of mine, the credit card info showed up when trying to book, but scrolling down below it showed the charge as $0.00

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Deleting/re-install has never worked for me, and there were a few posts in the early medallion threads that were also trying that without success of fixing whatever the problem was. Maybe logging out and back in with just the booking number of the cruise that it is missing from, if you haven't already tried.

If the app needs to update because of your phone updates, it will show an update option for it in the play/apple store.

Maybe the web version will work, but I have no vouchers left to check. Does your "voucher" show on the personaliser on the "onboard services" page?

With some of mine, the credit card info showed up when trying to book, but scrolling down below it showed the charge as $0.00

Thanks for advice. Yes, tried alternate method of signing in. And I had successfully booked one before the problem started so understand how the payment section looks down the bottom of page when it deducts the credit to leave zero payment.  The complimentary dining shows up on cruise personaliser under onboard services for every cruise. A mystery, but thanks for offering advice.

• Like 1

At least Princess know you are meant to receive it.

I think the chat advice might have been lacking, and to drop you off to a dining booking number was an easy answer for them, incorrectly thinking it would solve your problem.

For something that is missing from the medallion, it seems the chat has been the easiest resolution for me. I think another chat, but saying the complimentary stuff can't be booked via the number and you need the app to recognise it. I think it is more likely an issue in their medallion database, and not locally on your app. Most of your medallion info is stored on their servers, not your phone.