Help with Visa

rg123

We have an Australia/New Zealand cruise in January 2023 and are getting ready to fill out applications for both electronic visas. I was under the impression that they were very simple to do and could be granted within minutes. 

However, after reading some posts here, I am already in a panic about getting mine. It appears women are getting caught up due to name changes putting in maiden names and their married names. I am one more into it. I was widowed and have been remarried for 13 years. So now I have a maiden name, the name I used in my first marriage, and my current name. My passport reflects my current name.

Is there anything I should gather in advance of completing the app or a specific way to fill out the information?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

1 minute ago, rg123 said:

Thank you. That would certainly be simplest, but I was under the impression that you needed to list all the names that you have previously been known by. 

As I am Australian, I have never needed to get an ETA, so do not know what is required. 

If it says, to list all names, current and former, then it is best to list them all.

3 hours ago, rg123 said:

Thank you. That would certainly be simplest, but I was under the impression that you needed to list all the names that you have previously been known by. 

I also can't be sure, as I haven't had to fill one out for our home country. As for past names, I can only go by our experience of getting visa waivers for overseas, such as your US ESTA. I don't recall any issue, and while some are having major hassles getting an Aussie ETA, lots of married couples are getting theirs pretty much instantly.

As a contact reference, I would suggest the best contact as the Australian embassy in the US. There are a few points of reference, as well as their social media pages listed  

https://usa.embassy.gov.au/visa-faqs

PS - Or the US embassy in Australia

Edited by arxcards

24 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I also can't be sure, as I haven't had to fill one out for our home country. As for past names, I can only go by our experience of getting visa waivers for overseas, such as your US ESTA. I don't recall any issue, and while some are having major hassles getting an Aussie ETA, lots of married couples are getting theirs pretty much instantly.

As a contact reference, I would suggest the best contact as the Australian embassy in the US. There are a few points of reference, as well as their social media pages listed  

https://usa.embassy.gov.au/visa-faqs

PS - Or the US embassy in Australia

Thank you for the information!