Yacht club upgrade

Singleandnotmingling

I have booked a Bella balcony on Meraviglia for November, and received the email for possible upgrades. Honestly, none of these look appealing to me. Specifically, the yacht club interior. I looked at the perks and it included “free Wi-Fi” which I have already purchased a Wi-Fi package. Also, I always was under the impression that yacht club included free drinks, which I am not seeing as one of the perks listed. So I’m not sure honestly what I would be getting by going from a balcony to an interior aside

from having access to different areas of the ship. I will add the email below. 

also, with the balcony aurora, it does not include the drink package. So what exactly does it get me? A better balcony room and option for breakfast delivery? 

im brand new to this line so if I’m missing something please let me know 😊 I’m thinking I will not place bids for any of these offers. 

oh! And one more question. Are these rates based on double occupancy? I am just one person in the state room, so will my bid be charged twice based on double occupancy?

9E232574-007B-4E10-BA1C-33DD727A289C.png

B2BF3784-052D-4C79-A838-FCC697949EDE.png

95AB99D9-E2F4-4706-9E4D-C64904AB0154.png

5 minutes ago, philsuarez said:

An inside YC would knock any other lower class of cabin out the park. Drink is included.

Even though it is not listed there as one of the perks? Also, which drink package does it include?

could you please tell me the added benefits aside from what is listed there? Thank you 

4 minutes ago, Singleandnotmingling said:

Even though it is not listed there as one of the perks? Also, which drink package does it include?

could you please tell me the added benefits aside from what is listed there? Thank you 

Yes, it is the Premium Extra package and good throughout the ship...including non-YC areas.

You have a separate enclave i.e. a ship within a ship, with its own pool deck with padded luxury loungers, its own spacious lounge with full bar service, its own (much better than MDR) dining room. With all of this you have bags more space.

If your bid is successful, then go into the booking and cancel your paid wifi. The YC inside is certainly smallish, but the rest of the YC enclave is your balcony! The Deluxe Suite is much larger than a normal balcony cabin.

Honestly, you ought to jump at this offer.

4 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Yes, it is the Premium Extra package and good throughout the ship...including non-YC areas.

You have a separate enclave i.e. a ship within a ship, with its own pool deck with padded luxury loungers, its own spacious lounge with full bar service, its own (much better than MDR) dining room. With all of this you have bags more space.

If your bid is successful, then go into the booking and cancel your paid wifi. The YC inside is certainly smallish, but the rest of the YC enclave is your balcony! The Deluxe Suite is much larger than a normal balcony cabin.

Honestly, you ought to jump at this offer.

You forgot the butler.  

36 minutes ago, Singleandnotmingling said:

Also, I was assigned a 3pm embarkation time for my current booking. Would yacht club give me The option to board right at 11am?

Yes, the YC embarking area generally opens at 10.30am. Also, at the far end of the cruise you can stay onboard YC until a couple of hours before sailaway with all facilities available..

Edited by hamrag

9 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Yes, the YC embarking area generally opens at 10.30am. Also, at the far end of the cruise you can stay onboard YC until a couple of hours before sailaway with all facilities available..

Staying on that late in the US sailings is not allowed, unfortunately.  Since this sailing is out of Port Canaveral, the ship must be cleared out of all departing passengers before boarding new passengers can begin.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Staying on that late in the US sailings is not allowed, unfortunately.  Since this sailing is out of Port Canaveral, the ship must be cleared out of all departing passengers before boarding new passengers can begin.

Yep.  Our experience has been they will kick everyone off somewhere around 9:30 - 9:45!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Singleandnotmingling said:

So this is my problem. I am only one person in the room, and it is trying to have me bid for two people. That’s just not worth it

B4CB7C16-3FA0-4293-91C7-4C1588A4377D.png

Yes, for the upgrade you will be charged for 2 people.  If you are 4 in a cabin, it's a bargain; if you are 1, not so much.

I  received same email, we have an aft facing cabin, that is what we always book, if I try for an upgrade does anyone know if there are any cabins in the YC Deluxe category that aren't exactly desirable, like obstructed view etc., I've never left cabin selection up to the cruise line.

3 minutes ago, coscab said:

I  received same email, we have an aft facing cabin, that is what we always book, if I try for an upgrade does anyone know if there are any cabins in the YC Deluxe category that aren't exactly desirable, like obstructed view etc., I've never left cabin selection up to the cruise line.

Edited by coscab

6 hours ago, JAGR said:

I knew that, but totally overlooked it as all ours have been Europe and the Antilles from Barbados!

Thanks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Singleandnotmingling said:

Agreed. I wish there was an option to just upgrade for one person, considering that’s what I am. Oh well

TBH, if you would do it if 245 then what is another 245 to savour the experience? Then you'd know for sure if you wanted to repeat it on a longer cruise in the future! Treat yourself, you deserve to do so and the inside would be perfectly adequate for a single person. 😉

9 minutes ago, coscab said:

The forward facing ones.

1 hour ago, hamrag said:

TBH, if you would do it if 245 then what is another 245 to savour the experience? Then you'd know for sure if you wanted to repeat it on a longer cruise in the future! Treat yourself, you deserve to do so and the inside would be perfectly adequate for a single person. 😉

I mean, it would be more than double than what I paid for a balcony. And this was just a “quick inexpensive getaway” for me and that would totally negate that. So yes, going to pass. 

• Thanks 1