Name change to booked cruise

travelgip

I just received an email from NCL stating that my name must appear exactly as it is on my docs (passport).  I haven't renewed my passport yet, but I know I didn't list my middle name which is on my DL and will be on renewed passport.  How do I and how big a deal is it to update my name for my docs?

Thanks

are you flying using NCL Air? 

If you are not flying, it is perfectly fine if your booking just has your first and last name. middle name is not needed to board the ship. All of my booked cruises uses just my first and last name. my passport has my full first middle last name and i never had any issues with getting on the ship

I forgot my middle name, as it is how my name appears on my passport, and I was getting the NCL Air to Sea flight.  So I called, and she stressed that it was indeed important to have it precisely as it appears on your passport if you are flying.  Even if you book your own flight, the airline is likely going to ask for the same thing.  But if NCL is booking a flight for you, you definitely need to make sure they have it as it appears on your passport.

• Like 1

Not sure why this is a hot topic lately. It does not matter if your middle name is not on your reservation.  You must have your full, legal 1st and last on your reservation and that is what is put on the manifest.   If your name is Robert, don't reserve your ticket as Bob. 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 9:19 PM, razor7_us said:

Not sure why this is a hot topic lately. It does not matter if your middle name is not on your reservation.  You must have your full, legal 1st and last on your reservation and that is what is put on the manifest.   If your name is Robert, don't reserve your ticket as Bob. 

This is not correct information.

If you are flying, you are required to fill in your name as it appears on your passport.  If you used your middle name on your passport, you should give that information to NCL.

If you embark from Southampton and you live in London, then you're probably fine.

Why is this so hard?

Look at your confirmation form.  It will contain this information:

"...TSA Requirements:
TSA requirements mandate that for all guests who have purchased air, Norwegian Cruise Line must provide TSA with Full Name (as it appears on your
passport) that includes middle name if applicable
, Date of Birth and Gender. Without this information you can be denied boarding the aircraft..."

Edited by MotownVoice
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

This is not correct information.

If you are flying, you are required to fill in your name as it appears on your passport.  If you used your middle name on your passport, you should give that information to NCL.

If you embark from Southampton and you live in London, then you're probably fine.

Why is this so hard?

Look at your confirmation form.  It will contain this information:

"...TSA Requirements:
TSA requirements mandate that for all guests who have purchased air, Norwegian Cruise Line must provide TSA with Full Name (as it appears on your
passport) that includes middle name if applicable
, Date of Birth and Gender. Without this information you can be denied boarding the aircraft..."

If one is flying domestically, a passport is not required. Middle name is not, and never has been, an airline or TSA issue

Edited by razor7_us
Punctuation