Cancel or no?

Dwright826

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered but I was wondering what the difference is going to be. 26 days from sailing. Two adjoining rooms. Two people n each room. One person from room one may not be able to make it. Should we cancel her ticket, or just have her be a no show. 

Edited by Dwright826

• Dwright826 changed the title to Cancel or no?

I believe If you cancel person, they will have to upcharge the room for the single supplement and it will be repriced at current pricing which is likely much higher now so close.

You have to basically pay the same price for a room if you have 1 person or 2 except for port fees and taxes.

FYI, If you do a now show you will get back the port fees, taxes, and any other items that person may have pre-brought so there will be a small refund of those items that comes back to you, but base cruise fare will be lost.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dwright826 said:

Can you elaborate? Why is no show better?

There have been reports lately of rather significant cancellation fees when one person cancels, whereas by all accounts if you just show up and  shrug your shoulders when asked about the missing cabin mate they won't charge that.

41 minutes ago, Dwright826 said:

Can you elaborate? Why is no show better?

The price to have one or two people in one room is usually the same. But cancelling this close will trigger cancellation fees. Whereas if they no-show, there is no extra fee charged.