Another which cruise would you pick thread...

PrincessArlena'sDad

On 9/24/2022 at 9:38 AM, christyran1228 said:

Ideally for me, Carnival would just bring back the Southern Caribbean Itinerary out of Puerto Rico.  ❤

Not too much out of PR now besides Disney.   RCI's Jewel of the Seas will be doing a 7 day with 5 ports and the new NCL Viva will be doing a 7 day with 6 ports and zero sea days.  Both go to Barbados as their southern most port stop.    Time frame is Nov 23 to March 24.  Anybodies guess as to whether Carnival will ever home port there again or not.

• Like 2

Short cruise: depart SF, overnight/2 days in San Diego, then on to Mexico for a few days and then back to SF.

Long cruise: California round trip cruise down the west of the Americas ending near the bottom of Chile with various ports stops in central/south America on the way down and back. 

Well, we decided!

We would really like to do the 8 day cruise and S. Caribbean, so we're booking the Horizon!

But, we decided we can't let such a great price on the Glory pass us by, so we're booking that also!  

We figured with all those gift cards, and by next summer, it'll be 4 years since our previous cruise, we're due for 2 cruises anyway.  Horizon to start the summer, and Glory to end it!  WOO HOO!

• Like 1

Horizon would win out here but because of the ship size and being newer (not the port location). 

Been to NOLA many times for land vacations and a wedding once.  Loved it and if you are a smart traveler then you should be just fine.  Not sure I would go to NOLA (or Miami for that matter) in August for anything except leaving on a cruise as it would be quite uncomfortable in either place to try to be a typical tourist and do things in that kind of heat and humidity. The latest in the year we have been in New Orleans has been mid June (wedding), it was stifling and we were averaging changing clothes and a shower 3xs a day!  Thank goodness it was only for a 3 day weekend event but spring and fall are wonderful in New Orleans.   

If just going to be boarding a ship then it should fine.  

Edited by Drazil65

2 hours ago, ShakyBeef said:

Um, OK... it's really weird that these two threads were combined.😕  One was about fantasy itineraries and, I think, one was about a choice the other OP was trying to make between two actual itineraries.  🥴???

I thought I was going crazy when the topics all of a sudden changed.  And, yes, it is VERY weird because they are 2 different topics.

I was going to add my fantasy itinerary but now it wouldn't make any sense 🤷‍♀️

Edited by TechDiva
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TechDiva said:

I thought I was going crazy when the topics all of a sudden changed.  And, yes, it is VERY weird because they are 2 different topics.

I was going to add my fantasy itinerary but now it wouldn't make any sense 🤷‍♀️

I say, go for it!  The mods want us to have both of these conversations here in one thread, so let's do it.  What's your fantasy itinerary?😃

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

I say, go for it!  The mods want us to have both of these conversations here in one thread, so let's do it.  What's your fantasy itinerary?😃

Maybe the mods didn't like either of the conversations and figured combining the two would make the conversation seem too confusing, and would be the easiest let them both die without actually removing them? 🥴🤔

• Haha 3