Port Guides request

worldtraveller

Yes! We just got off the Royal on the Hawaiian cruise and there were no more printed port guides or shorex description packets. I went to the Shorex desk and asked for paper copies of our port guides and they were able to give them to me. I always like having one ashore to find our way around. Our medallion app didn't work for the whole cruise so we couldn't get them that way. And the only way to find out about shore excursions (to add one, make changes, or remind myself what we had booked and what we would be doing, etc.) was to go the the shorex desk and try to work their countertop iPad things - which didn't work either. 

We always do our research in advance and load maps to our devices, or print out maps to take along.  We know where we want to go, and what we want to see, and avoid.  

Anything handed out onboard only shows retailers and sight seeing locations that have PAID the cruiseline marketing company to be included on the map.  The maps are woefully incomplete otherwise.    Same with the "port lectures".  They are all paid advertising.   

If they decide to not provide them, all the better.  

• Like 1

On 1/8/2023 at 2:40 PM, jbpcalifornia said:

Do you happen to have the pdf files for Loreto and La Paz, BC?  jeff@pulverman.org

Thanks!

Sorry, unable to help with these ports.

On our recent Mediterranean cruise the port guides were available on the Medallion app. On my tablet the app always crashed when I tried to expand the guide. Unfortunately there was no way to save the pdf guides from the app.

On 1/8/2023 at 7:54 PM, strobellayjam said:

The Enchanted had the port guides each day printed for pick up at Guest Services. They were in B&W but readily available. @worldtraveller, I have the guides for St. Thomas, Antigua, and St. Lucia. If you haven’t found the Information you need reply already, let me know and will share accordingly. 

I have found St Thomas and Antigua but for St Lucia the one I found looks like it is a partial as it only has shopping listed not the normal guide with the little map and other basic info.  So yes it would be appreciated.

12 hours ago, worldtraveller said:

I have found St Thomas and Antigua but for St Lucia the one I found looks like it is a partial as it only has shopping listed not the normal guide with the little map and other basic info.  So yes it would be appreciated.

Here you go!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

We just got off the Sky Princess yesterday and they did hav Port Guides available on a rack in the Shore Excursion desk area. But as others have mentioned here, they are not really that helpful, at least not like they were years ago.