New online C&A up now!

Just got an email with a link to the newly formatted C&A online magazine. There's now videos and such instead of print. Seems interesting. And valuable marketing because come on, seeing videos of the crystal blue water when you can look out the window and see inches of snow.....when's the next cruise?!?!?!

Does anyone know if (and how) we'll still be getting our sailing coupons that used to be mailed along with the C&A magazine?

The last issue of C&A said they would be available online and for those who can not connect online would be mailed quarterly.

I only have dial-up and the online mag took forever to load. Then viewing the articles took forever to load. And I couldn't even access the other links offering more info. I looked at behind the scenes with CD Ken Rusch and it didn't give anything behind the scenes. All the articles are just basically a commercial. It's not streaming video, more like a slide show. But since it offers more pictures on a particular subject than what can be put in print, I'll take it.

It is a great idea, but it takes to long to load. After waiting over 5 minutes, I gave up. I don't have the best computer, but it is certainly not the worst. Had the same problem when they introduced the new Freedom site. We were able to access it after upgrading to Windows 2000 professional, but they need to make it available and easy for all to see. I think the online coupon idea is good, they just need to make it easier to get to. Just my thoughts. I will try to open it when I don't have many other things running at the same time. :rolleyes:

I just ran it- a good connection and comp and it runs nicely- but it is short and full of nothing! Please! The little vidoes can't be more than 2 min, and there is nothing new there- if it was in print it would take about 1 min to read... very disappointing....:(

You will need to sign in to the C&A section online and put in your C&A number to access the coupons. I am guessing that your number will link to coupons for your level of membership.

I agree with everyone, that the video is more like a commercial than a look behind the scenes.

Now, if they will just put the $ saved from not printing and mailing the magazine into more and better discount coupons, we will be happier cruisers.

The announcement I saw said they would be sending the print magazine out twice a year from now on..... It also said that the coupons will be available online every month beginning in April. I really like the idea of getting new coupons every month. I just hope they don't reduce the number of sailing the coupons cover from what we've been getting quarterly. Guess we'll see next month....

Was anyone able to get info from the right-hand side? Anytime I clicked on one of the items nothing happened. I have to agree with most everyone, I'd rather have the magazine in my hand and read through it. Is there a specific place to sign up for coupons or is it where it says sign up for emails? I didn't see anything that mentioned coupons and wondered if it's not all coming through on my computer...thanks for any input.

Archived