For Those Whose Royal Up Bids Were Accepted Since Capacity Increases

alaska2023

Since ships are back to 100% capacity, I realize chances of having an accepted Royal Up bid have decreased. But for those who have won their bids over the past few months since capacity increased, approximately how far out from your cruise was your offer accepted?

We're two weeks out now, so just trying to gauge whether we're past the timeframe when mosts accepted bids have been determined, or whether there's still hope (aside from potential last-minute cancellations on embarkation day).

Edited by alaska2023

• alaska2023 changed the title to For Those Whose Royal Up Bids Were Accepted Since Capacity Increases
6 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

For us, we received one 17 days prior and one 3 days prior.  Some have received them as late as after sail away.  Nobody knows.

The people who received them after sail away were likely due to last-minute cancellations and no-shows. I'm thinking with pre-cruise testing no longer a thing for most sailings, last-minute cancellations will be far less common.

I'm trying to see how far out people's bids were accepted that *weren't* on embarkation day.

Thanks for your input! 17 days and 3 days out...seems like we still may have hope at 2 weeks out. 🙂

Edited by alaska2023

We bid about 4 weeks out from sail date, and won 3 weeks out.  Our upgrade was to a star class suite which we knew wasn't sold yet and which was our target with the bidding.  When we won, we saw the suite we'd had before was for sale, but then was gone the next day, and I presume was won in a second round of bidding.

• Like 1