Anyone else get charged for Ocean Medallion accessory they did not order?

remydiva

I had to cancel our cruise due to unexpected emergency surgery 12 days before sailing.

The next day 'coincidentally' a charge showed up on my CC from 'Ocean Medallion Fulfillment'.

I ph'd in to inquire and was asked 'did you order accessories?'

'No, '

I had downloaded the app which you now need and when I got what I thought was confirmation email; that my medallion would be waiting at the terminal.

PRECovid there was a medallion waiting for us at terminal (vs the old coloured card) so I assumed this was confirmation of that  because they do not ship medallions to Canada (thus it is waiting at the terminal).

Two phone calls during the week to ask about this charge and was told the refund was in the works.

Today I get another email with the invoice for the two sports bands I did not order!

Phoned again and with on hold time included another hour gone. Was told to check the app to see my order history.

WHAT order history? I didn't order anything! And now that the cruise is cancelled I can't get into the app.

Told to phone back AGAIN during the week to speak with a 'Navigator Supervisor'.

I asked to speak with Customer Solutions but was told no I had to go this route.

I'm frustrated to the point of thinking it would be quicker to get a charge back on my credit card.

This is the text of the email I got when I downloaded the medallion app. Nothing in this mentions a cost or purchase of an accessory.

Your OceanMedallion™ order OCEAN-xxxxxxx for your upcoming Princess MedallionClass™ vacation has been received.

Your Medallion® order is scheduled and will be waiting for you when you arrive at the terminal on embarkation day.

Please save your order number for future reference. We hope you enjoy your fabulous MedallionClass™ vacation.

My ask...anyone else experienced this problem?

I am not sure whether or not this will be helpful but you could try emailing askoceanmedallion@carnival.com  they may be able to see activity/ orders related to your medallion for the cancelled cruise.  If they respond that no orders were placed that could be helpful if you need to dispute your credit card charges or in dealing with Princess. When emailing it’s helpful to include the booking number, your name, DOB and the date of the voyage. 

You can also email customerrelations@princesscruises.com (they are pretty slow to respond to emails). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, remydiva said:

I had to cancel our cruise due to unexpected emergency surgery 12 days before sailing.

The next day 'coincidentally' a charge showed up on my CC from 'Ocean Medallion Fulfillment'.

I ph'd in to inquire and was asked 'did you order accessories?'

'No, '

I had downloaded the app which you now need and when I got what I thought was confirmation email; that my medallion would be waiting at the terminal.

PRECovid there was a medallion waiting for us at terminal (vs the old coloured card) so I assumed this was confirmation of that  because they do not ship medallions to Canada (thus it is waiting at the terminal).

Two phone calls during the week to ask about this charge and was told the refund was in the works.

Today I get another email with the invoice for the two sports bands I did not order!

Phoned again and with on hold time included another hour gone. Was told to check the app to see my order history.

WHAT order history? I didn't order anything! And now that the cruise is cancelled I can't get into the app.

Told to phone back AGAIN during the week to speak with a 'Navigator Supervisor'.

I asked to speak with Customer Solutions but was told no I had to go this route.

I'm frustrated to the point of thinking it would be quicker to get a charge back on my credit card.

This is the text of the email I got when I downloaded the medallion app. Nothing in this mentions a cost or purchase of an accessory.

Your OceanMedallion™ order OCEAN-xxxxxxx for your upcoming Princess MedallionClass™ vacation has been received.

Your Medallion® order is scheduled and will be waiting for you when you arrive at the terminal on embarkation day.

Please save your order number for future reference. We hope you enjoy your fabulous MedallionClass™ vacation.

My ask...anyone else experienced this problem?

Been there.  Done that!  Many times over.  This is how Princess now operates.

Adios.  Never again.  "Customer service" is a misnomer.  Now tell me again what a valued customer I am.  I'm not quite convinced yet.

On 9/11/2022 at 10:08 AM, 1980dory said:

Been there.  Done that!  Many times over.  This is how Princess now operates.

Adios.  Never again.  "Customer service" is a misnomer.  Now tell me again what a valued customer I am.  I'm not quite convinced yet.