Canceling dinner reservations?

llgator

Unless you prepaid, I don't think it makes a difference.  I once made an effort to cancel a Cagney's reservation, but when I went to eat at another restaurant that night, they still saw the Cagney's reservation.  There have been other times I've forgotten to cancel, but when I eat somewhere else, they ask if I want to cancel the reservation at the other restaurant.  Most of the time, we wind up eating where we made reservations.😎

1 hour ago, llgator said:

Is there any way to cancel or change dinner reservations online before your cruise? Or do you have to call? I don't see any way to cancel. Thanks!

Call NCL general reservation number to cancel. That way, you’re not blocking that time for any other dinner or show reservations. And your fellow passengers will be happy if a table opens up. (It would be selfish to hold a table that you’re not going to use because you are too lazy to cancel it). 

Edited by BirdTravels

35 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Call NCL general reservation number to cancel. That way, you’re not blocking that time for any other dinner or show reservations. And your fellow passengers will be happy if a table opens up. (It would be selfish to hold a table that you’re not going to use because you are too lazy to cancel it). 

I was hoping that I could get around that, but I guess not!🤷‍♂️

51 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

So.   Selfish.    and Lazy.  

Got it 

(nice.)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

I just did this today via Chat on the NCL website. Took less than 10 minutes...cancelled one night and rescheduled for a different night. No Big Deal.

That sounds like a good idea! Thanks 👍🏻 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

So.   Selfish.    and Lazy.  Got it 

(nice.)

Pretty much. It used to be better in the old days when everything was a cover charge (not a la carte) and you got charged for a no show. It reduced the number of “just in case we’re hungry” reservations and allowed more people to enjoy specialty dining. It was also nice when the UPD was unlimited dining. 

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Pretty much. It used to be better in the old days when everything was a cover charge (not a la carte) and you got charged for a no show. It reduced the number of “just in case we’re hungry” reservations and allowed more people to enjoy specialty dining. It was also nice when the UPD was unlimited dining. 

No, NOT pretty much.  I posted earlier that there are two times I remember cancelling.  One time, being NOT lazy, I made a specific point of going to the customer service area and asking that they cancel my Cagney's reservation.  They tried, but it didn't take.  Another, I just plain forgot, but cancelled it at the MDR check in when they asked me about it.  Can you give anybody the benefit of the doubt for not being selfish, lazy, and other things beneath proper standards?   Believe it or not, most people are pretty decent (and none are perfect).

• Like 3

On 9/10/2022 at 7:56 PM, BirdTravels said:

Exactly Bird....last week on the Joy, we decided to not do Cagneys,,,so I went to the hostess stand around 5:00 and told them we would be cancelling.  The hostess said thank you so much as they had a waiting list and really appreciated us letting them know.  This way someone who really wanted to eat at Cagneys could 🙂