Pet Insurance Question

jerseygirl3

15 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

As our dogs age, it becomes more of a concern if we would have to cancel a trip if one of our dogs developed a serious illness. Anybody know of any travel insurance that covers that besides "cancel for any reason"?  

I have had that exact concern and only recently  found a policy to address it. Look at IMG SE or LX policies to see if they meet your needs or call Trip Insurance Store to see if they can suggest other options.

23 hours ago, Babr said:

See Item 35 under Covered Reasons for Cancellation and Item 31 under Trip Interruption in the IMG plans. It is rather low on a long list of covered reasons, but it is there.

I have IMG for our upcoming trips, but I don’t see Item 35. Can you tell me what it says?

23 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

I have IMG for our upcoming trips, but I don’t see Item 35. Can you tell me what it says?

I don't know for sure but it could be that Babr lives in a State that allows or requires this "Item 35", while your State does not allow or require this coverage as lists as "Item 35".

36 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

https://www.insuremytrip.com/pdf.php?cert=IMG/ITISE/ITISEr15_cert_defaultFulfillment

Here is a link to the IMG SE policy. Look under the section for Travel Arrangement Protection. There are four items under Trip Cancellation then a heading “Other Covered Events.”  The one concerning pets is #35 on page 5 of the policy.

It is #31 in the section of the policy dealing with Trip Interruption.

Let me know if you find it.

35. Your or Your Traveling Companion’s Pet or Service Animal is sick, diagnosed with a terminal illness, injured or dies within thirty (30) days prior to the Scheduled Departure Date. You must provide veterinary records documenting the illness, injury or death of Your or Your Traveling Companion’s Pet or Service Animal;

Here is the language in question. It should appear in your policy as well. The link is to the SE policy - not state specific.

1 hour ago, Babr said:

35. Your or Your Traveling Companion’s Pet or Service Animal is sick, diagnosed with a terminal illness, injured or dies within thirty (30) days prior to the Scheduled Departure Date. You must provide veterinary records documenting the illness, injury or death of Your or Your Traveling Companion’s Pet or Service Animal;

Here is the language in question. It should appear in your policy as well. The link is to the SE policy - not state specific.

Thank you so much!  I didnt realize i was covered fir this when i purchased the insurance. 

16 minutes ago, Babr said:

That is the best part. The solution was in your hands all along.

Right!  And I just went ahead and purchased it for a TA we have planned for October 2024 as well.  I pray my furbabies stay healthy, but at their age, I  don't want to take any chances.  Thank you again so much for pointing this out to me!!!

16 minutes ago, Babr said:

That is the best part. The solution was in your hands all along.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Glad to see this post.  I never knew there was insurance that covered a cancellation or interruption for a sick or dying pet.  I went ahead and got the IMG SE coverage for our trip.  Grateful for this!

• Like 1