Price Changes

FloridaHoosier

After final payment, there are no credits/OBCs/price adjustments for price reductions, and getting FCC applied for a price reduction is definitely a one time thing ... if NCL approves it after submitting their form.  In fact, in their email advising that the FCC is approved, they state quite clearly that this is a "one time goodwill gesture".

You CAN wait to see if there are further reductions, but we always figure "a bird in the hand ...", and would be so annoyed with ourselves for waiting if the price happened to go back up!  Depends on your risk tolerance! 😂😂

Have a good time on your cruise whatever you decide to do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2022 at 3:15 PM, Middleager said:

Just curious.  We used a TA.  If we get NCL to give FCC, for price going down after final payment, does that affect the NCL commission paid to the TA?

This is just a guess, but I think a pretty educated guess.

Our TA gives us OBC based on the cruise fare, and hence, his commission.  When we've had price reductions BEFORE final payment, which obviously effects the amount we pay the cruise line at final, we've seen a corresponding reduction in the amount of OBC from him.

Whenever there's been a price reduction AFTER final, and have received FCC for that amount, the OBC amount given to us by the TA has not changed.

So, based on that, and given that the cruise line received full payment at the pre-reduction rate, we've always assumed that our TA still gets his original commission. 

If a TA reads this and we're assuming incorrectly, please correct.

1 hour ago, Robkat said:

This is just a guess, but I think a pretty educated guess.

Our TA gives us OBC based on the cruise fare, and hence, his commission.  When we've had price reductions BEFORE final payment, which obviously effects the amount we pay the cruise line at final, we've seen a corresponding reduction in the amount of OBC from him.

Whenever there's been a price reduction AFTER final, and have received FCC for that amount, the OBC amount given to us by the TA has not changed.

So, based on that, and given that the cruise line received full payment at the pre-reduction rate, we've always assumed that our TA still gets his original commission. 

If a TA reads this and we're assuming incorrectly, please correct.

I'm of the same thought.  The cruiseline shouldn't go claw back the commission after final payment, if they reduce the price. 

But some TAs can provide the confirmed answer.

On 9/11/2022 at 11:48 AM, FloridaHoosier said:

Does NCL offer a price adjustment/credit when the price goes down "after" I've final payment (I'm about 80 days from sailing)?

We were told by our TA that NCL does not offer any adjustment after final payment, according to her they are cracking down on that and not budging. In the past they would give you the difference in onboard credit but not anymore

• Like 1

Historically, we have received a portion of the difference in OBC when the price dropped after final payment.  Not the full reduction.  (Seems like it was about 1/4th of the drop in price.)  I have taken the OBC once.  The other time, I opted to get a better cabin at the reduced rate, which cost me slightly more, but a better cabin, so I felt worth it.