Specialty Dining - Table Capacity

cruiserbear55

Does anyone know if specialties will seat five people at a table for four? I had already booked dining reservations for myself, my wife, and another couple. ( Back in June) My son decided recently to join us on the cruise. I’m sure I could rebook to tables for six, but don’t want to lose our reserved times. Thanking you in advance!

When you get onboard go to the restaurant reservations desk and explain what you want to do. They should be able to sort it out. If you just turn up with more people than are in the reservation then they may not be able to seat you, as there are limited tables set up for more than 4.

You could also try calling beforehand to see if they can change them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Shrike said:

Some of the tables for four are rather small (we've been in Cagney's with another couple and there was barely room for the side dishes on the table).  You don't want five people at one.

Yes, Even if they did allow 5 people at a table for 4 (which I doubt) then you wouldn't want it. We usually eat as a 3 (on a table of 4) and that can get busy enough with various plates, glasses etc.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 2

Book for the next HIGHER party size when you have an odd number.  They won't add an additional seat to make a 5-top from a 4.  I was told this in 2019 when I sailed with my sister and her BF - we booked a table for 4 for 3 of us, when we showed up and they asked about the 4th we apologized and said we were only 3 but they then said we'd have gotten the same size table so it didn't matter.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Shrike said:

Some of the tables for four are rather small (we've been in Cagney's with another couple and there was barely room for the side dishes on the table).  You don't want five people at one.

100% agree.

Maybe OP can take a chance, but there's also the risk of this. Some of the tables are pretty tight and are pretty formal. The chairs and place settings at Cagneys are pretty wide so there isn't a lot of space to cram and extra person.

Better to sort it out now or as soon as you get on the ship!