no knives multi tool.

miyanc

9 minutes ago, five. said:

If you go on a Royal ship again, print out the pdf from a few posts up and follow their instructions. It specifically says that you can check a dive knife with security.

Yes.  They will confiscate and return items after the cruise.  For a dive knife, you check it and they will let you have it for your port.

20 hours ago, topnole said:

Why would his creds matter?   It’s not like LEO are allowed to bring prohibited items/weapons onboard public carriers.  Honestly I’m not sure that is the best strategy. 

Have or you a LEO? or prior Military

Edited by mpdog42
correction

19 hours ago, Ret MP said:

I don't see that anywhere in there, not in the official rules for Royal Caribbean:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

In fact, it says:  All knives!  

I disagree with the rule, 100%, but it is what it is.

The rules "Rule" out all the fun!!😀

• Haha 3

17 hours ago, mpdog42 said:

Have or you a LEO? or prior Military

So if I was a cook in the navy it would matter?   Give me a break.  

The rules are the rules and apply to everyone.  Certain Leo are allowed to bring weapons on public carriers when traveling (such as FBI on aircraft), but they must go through the proper process and they are then faced with certain rules/responsibilities (no sleeping on the flight and no drinking).   

You can’t just say to security, “I’m former military or Leo, let me bring this prohibited item.”   As if that makes you any more safe or trustworthy.  On top of this, the rules apply to everyone.  If the rules allow Leo to bring a weapon that is different.  But rules allowing Leo to carry on their person generally stop when entering security to board a public carrier.  Same applies to any other item deemed a potential weapon.  It is not wise to suggest someone try to use

their job or former job as a reason for a security officer to break the rules.   No one’s job alone makes them more trust worthy with a weapon than someone in a different line of work.  

• Like 2

On 9/13/2022 at 6:31 AM, five. said:

Yea, that bit was in a pdf that I found:

Items such as dive knives must be reported to ship’s personnel at the time of boarding and may be permitted onboard, but held in safe custody by the ship's Security staff when not in use ashore

On page 9:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/guest-conduct-policy.pdf

The Scuba Knives are not officially "Carry-On" items, they are prohibited UNLESS you declare them and agree to have the ship's security to secure them while you are onboard, except for specific times and locations when the ship's security will grant you permission to take the knives(s) with you when you go ashore, to Scuba Dive.  

This discussion/thread is/was originally about "carry-on" knives/Leatherman tools and their admissibility to be "Carried-On" the ship.

My response to you: "I don't see that anywhere in there, not in the official rules for Royal Caribbean", my wording was poorly written and should have been, "I don't see anywhere in there that Scuba Knives are authorized as "Carry-On" items in the official rules. The Scuba Diving Knife rule with restriction(s) is an exception not a carry-on authorization".  My mistake!

I’ve taken a small multi tool on just about every cruise I’ve been on.   I leave it in my toiletry bag you just never know when you might need it.  Have had it in there for close to 10 years.  Only time I take it out is if I don’t check bags.   But I usually always check bags.  
have one in every car too.    

8D82EF34-B1A2-4AE3-BD64-40A73354A121.png

Edited by Ptroxx
  • Like 1