Nieuw Statendam Sept. 12-13 Newfoundland ports cancelled

Dr.Dobro

We are crushed over this news today.  St Anthony and the UNESCO site convinced us to take this cruise.  We loved Quebec and we were there for three days prior to boarding.

Second time hurricanes marring a trip to the maritimes, the first was in a tent in 1971, my parents actually took us to eat breakfast at a diner after a long wet night in a flooded tent 

7 hours ago, PasadenaDave said:

We are crushed over this news today.  St Anthony and the UNESCO site convinced us to take this cruise.  We loved Quebec and we were there for three days prior to boarding.

Second time hurricanes marring a trip to the maritimes, the first was in a tent in 1971, my parents actually took us to eat breakfast at a diner after a long wet night in a flooded tent 

Sorry to hear you lost the two ports - that's never fun, and especially when you've been looking forward to one.

FWIW - L'anse aux Meadows is interesting, but if you visit (or revisit) Norway or Iceland, there are similar experiences available re Viking homes, etc. Missing St. John's would actually disappoint me more - a spectacular harbour entrance and some of the friendliest people on earth.

Not to mention the screech!   🍺🥌