I know this is a stupid question , but....

Luna'sMom

I have been looking at a lot of pictures of the Princess ships since we booked a balcony cabin on the new Crown. We are veteran cruisers but never on Princess. Here is the question, do the balcony cabins only have regular chairs or do they also have reclining lounge chairs? This may sound stupid but I may need to change cabin categories if they only have regular chairs. Please let me know. Thanks for your help, all of you Princess experts!

It depends on the deck. The Caribe deck balconies are larger and have two chairs, a table and two high-back reclining chairs. They do not have full loungers although there would be space to ask your steward to get you a couple to replace the high-backs. There's no guarantee that your steward would be able to do this for you. I found the reclining high-back chair fine even though it's not a full lounger. Other decks have two chairs and a table.

On most Princess ships, the Caribe deck balconies are the largest and there will be lounge chairs there. But we have always asked for better chairs on other balconies, and the cabin steward has always granted our request.

DH and I were on the CB the week of January 28. We were on Baja deck and had two high-backed cushioned loungers and a square table. It appeared that all the balconies on our deck had the same furnishings.

Looking down onto Caribe and Dolphin decks, we noted that these balconies had two cushioned recliners, 2 regular chairs, the same table, and some had a small end table (or foot stool, I suppose).

Last year on the CB (Lido deck), we had the regular chairs that aren't very comfortable (we used our beach towels or robes for seat cushions). We were prepared this year to ask our steward for the more comfortable chairs, but this wasn't necessary.

Bon Voyage!

Chris

I think the minis also have just 4 chairs and a table, at least the ones I've been able to see on Dolphin from my Caribe balcony. There is a chance that you can upgrade chairs once onboard by asking your steward, but there is no guarantee.

If you want teak lounges and table and chairs, then you will need to upgrade to a full suite.

Let me clarify this info with a disclaimer that I have never personally had a mini or suite - we are always quite happy with a balcony on Caribe deck.

I think the minis also have just 4 chairs and a table, at least the ones I've been able to see on Dolphin from my Caribe balcony. There is a chance that you can upgrade chairs once onboard by asking your steward, but there is no guarantee.

If you want teak lounges and table and chairs, then you will need to upgrade to a full suite.

Let me clarify this info with a disclaimer that I have never personally had a mini or suite - we are always quite happy with a balcony on Caribe deck.

Mini suites on the Aloha and Baja decks have small balconies. The cabins are larger than balcony cabins, but the balconies are not. Caribe deck is best for either balcony or mini.

Archived