Has anyone use OnPoint for COVID test?

McFins

I've seen that some folks use EMed but it looks like for OnPoint you don't have to order the actual tests from OnPoint (may be a better option if you don't have enough time to wait for the order to arrive from Emed).   Wondering if anyone has used OnPoint and if so did all go well (i.e. received results in a timely manner and were accepted by NCL) 

Hi, for a more recent report. I did on point this past Friday and used it to get on board the Breakway yesterday with no issues. You provide your own test kit. They asked me what brand when I signed up for the virtual proctoring and when. I had the meeting she walked me through how to use it as I had not used that brand before. I got the test from my local drugstore. It was whatever brand that my insurance was allowing me to have free ones. I think it was flowflex. Thx

• Thanks 1

On 9/11/2022 at 2:09 PM, McFins said:

I've seen that some folks use EMed but it looks like for OnPoint you don't have to order the actual tests from OnPoint (may be a better option if you don't have enough time to wait for the order to arrive from Emed).   Wondering if anyone has used OnPoint and if so did all go well (i.e. received results in a timely manner and were accepted by NCL) 

We are scheduled to use OnPoint next week. I called NCL directly and asked if OnPoint was an acceptable vendor. They told me yes. It was super easy to book online. We are using our own tests kits - brand is iHealth.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AmbitionatBay said:

We are scheduled to use OnPoint next week. I called NCL directly and asked if OnPoint was an acceptable vendor. They told me yes. It was super easy to book online. We are using our own tests kits - brand is iHealth.

Exactly the same situation, using the tests I got for free, have an appointment the day before my cruise.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 2:09 PM, McFins said:

Wondering if anyone has used OnPoint and if so did all go well (i.e. received results in a timely manner and were accepted by NCL) 

I've used them once and will use them again next month.  Very simple, results are quick followed by a pdf maybe 15 minutes later.  You bring your own test and all are accepted.  There are terrible Yelp reviews out there, but most are people who went for in-person testing (somewhere in California, I believe.)  I would absolutely recommend for telemed stuff.

• Like 1