MSC Website - hope this is not a omen...

DrSch

Have not been especially thrilled with the MSC website - the online checkin states you can use American Express, but the site it sends you too doesn't allow it.   So I had to call them to get them to send me the electronic ticket, and have to register the card when I get to the ship (will bring a visa just in case)

And then, purchased the internet package, and MSC billed me twice.  Called them, had them cancel it, they rebooked it, and it billed me twice again.  Have filed a dispute with my credit card.. easier than calling them again.

We always use American Express as our credit card for the MSC on board charges. The kiosk has never failed to accept it. Another advantage of using Amex is that there are no foreign transaction fees if you're Platinum. One reason to carry another brand of credit card is that not all vendors will accept Amex outside of the US (not sure of your itinerary, that's why I'm mentioning other uses besides the kiosk).

1 minute ago, Best Cat Mom said:

We always use American Express as our credit card for the MSC on board charges. The kiosk has never failed to accept it. Another advantage of using Amex is that there are no foreign transaction fees if you're Platinum. One reason to carry another brand of credit card is that not all vendors will accept Amex outside of the US (not sure of your itinerary, that's why I'm mentioning other uses besides the kiosk).

Yeah, pretty much my card of choice, have 3 different ones lol.  Have been to many countries where it was hard to use, so always have an emergency MC and Visa. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Best Cat Mom said:

We always use American Express as our credit card for the MSC on board charges. The kiosk has never failed to accept it....

Same for us, as UK cruisers with MSC, in the Med and also the Caribbean Antilles.

• Like 1

The MSC website has never accepted any of our cards (Amex, Visa or MC) during the pre-cruise online check-in process.  Not sure if it works for anyone.  But it is no problem once onboard since it is easy to register a card in the onboard kiosks.  

Hank

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DrSch said:

Have not been especially thrilled with the MSC website -   

And then, purchased the internet package, and MSC billed me twice.  Called them, had them cancel it, they rebooked it, and it billed me twice again.  Have filed a dispute with my credit card.. easier than calling them again.

No, the website is working perfectly. What you described above is pretty much correct.

Wait till something else happens now.

That's been my experience.