New England / Canada : Voyager of the Seas Sept 18th - Sept 25th. Semi-Live

alexgtp

42 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Hearing fog horns always brings me back to when I was growing up on Staten Island.  I lived not far from the Staten Island Ferry and would occasionally hear the fog horns.  As an adult, I lived on the South Shore, with the Kill Van Kull down the street;  more fog horns.  I just love it!

A semi-distant horn certainly sounds pleasant.  However...

@CatLadyFemme did a thread back in the beginning of the summer where she stayed in the same cabin we are, forward on deck 12.  She said it was bad enough that they asked to be moved to another cabin when it started going off during the night.  They were allowed to sleep in a vacant cabin for the night, but my sailing next month looks pretty packed so I don't know if we'll have that option.  I'm looking into noise canceling headphones for us both.  I'll have to make sure to download whatever I'm going to listen to through said headphones as she also mentioned that the S & S wifi was non-existent in the cabin.

I requested this specific cabin for it's location.  It looks so nice in the pictures, and I'm sure it will be,.  It's got floor to ceiling windows on one wall, but the view seems to come at a price.  A small price at the end of the day as I'll still be on a cruise so it's all good...

Edited by Broons77
  • Like 3

For those wondering about Actual Cell service on board. This is the message you might receive from your Carrier (T-Mobile in my case).

Screenshot_20220921-213827.thumb.png.b6c2a5f4ba89c95b20cb1d2095e78b44.png

so  be careful and always use airplane mode to avoid excessive chargers or use Voom service from RCL.

Since I have Voom and TMobile service I have WI-FI calling available to me. (Top left corner indicates wifi carrier service) I use a pixel 6 PRO on T Mobile network.

Screenshot_20220921-001628.thumb.png.a578492ef502271eaf16f339cfea1202.pngok

Edited by alexgtp

2 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

How have you found the S&S wifi to be?  I've heard some not so good things about the service on Voyager, and not just in our cabin lol

I've heard the same, and it has been raining and cloudy up there this week so I'm sure that makes it much worse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

How have you found the S&S wifi to be?  I've heard some not so good things about the service on Voyager, and not just in our cabin lol

It was terrible on last week's Transatlantic.  I had much better cellular service while sailing offshore the Shetland Islands and Nova Scotia.

The only place I found it somewhat reasonable is sitting in the forward part of the library (deck 7).

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hearing fog horns always brings me back to when I was growing up on Staten Island.  I lived not far from the Staten Island Ferry and would occasionally hear the fog horns.  As an adult, I lived on the South Shore, with the Kill Van Kull down the street;  more fog horns.  I just love it!

Staten Island native here! I’ve always lived in South Beach so I’m used to that sound also! Lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LindaConn said:

Called C-1 which is located on Black Falcon Ave…and was told I did not need reservations to park there…but after reading your post, I am worried we will be turned away…not sure why this is so difficult…..I started looking into this months ago…

and was told there is no cruise on the date our ship is going…although during the past week, they finally say “yes” there is a sailing, but now only have reservation times after 3 pm…which is pretty late for a 5 pm sailing where you require a shuttle from the garage and need to be checked in 90 mins prior to sailing….I have my fingers crossed!

I just received an email from lot C-1 that my reservation that I have had for over 3 months is cancelled. I went on the MassPort site and booked another parking reservation. I am not sure why this parking is an issue now I have taken cruises from Boston this year and it wasn't a problem. I hope you find parking as well. Just wanted to let you know that lot C-1 cancelled my reservation.

12 hours ago, BlushPell said:

I just received an email from lot C-1 that my reservation that I have had for over 3 months is cancelled. I went on the MassPort site and booked another parking reservation. I am not sure why this parking is an issue now I have taken cruises from Boston this year and it wasn't a problem. I hope you find parking as well. Just wanted to let you know that lot C-1 cancelled my reservation

Did you make a resies at the official Massport place that provides shuttle buses? If so, we’re you allowed to enter prior to 3 pm? If you made a resie at another place, can you give me the name, location and phone number? This is crazy…have worried about this for awhile…and now my fears are coming true! Thank you!

39 minutes ago, DrVegas said:

I'm kind of surprised you guys actually went to Sydney. You're going to have to book it back to Boston to beat the path that Fiona is on right now. Have they mentioned the weather at all?

Captain said we should just miss Fiona. We leave at 5 tonight

Adventure has just left. Heading back to Bayonne 

Edited by bigeck
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, LindaConn said:

Did you make a resies at the official Massport place that provides shuttle buses? If so, we’re you allowed to enter prior to 3 pm? If you made a resie at another place, can you give me the name, location and phone number? This is crazy…have worried about this for awhile…and now my fears are coming true! Thank you!

Yes I made it through the official website that has the shuttle.  Even though it states 3pm on the paperwork that I have it says you can enter early. Just use the link that I provided in the roll call to access the site.

5 hours ago, runner2013 said:

We're on the same sailing. Our first on Royal since the pandemic. 

it was our Second since the pandemic. We were on the Adventure. We came home with Covid. We didn't wear masks but now sure wish we had. We are all ok only mild symptoms, but still a pain. We did just fine no covid at all after cruising this past March.

15 minutes ago, LindaConn said:

Have not sailed since pre Covid….do you need resies for all shows now? If so, can you make them the first day? Is there an app for this…or what is the procedure? Thank you!

you don't need reservations for the shows. You just go. Just the larger ships require reservations for their shows. 

Edited by Lovemymaggie

2 hours ago, alexgtp said:

1st show was awesome  Show not as long as the one they did on Anthem,  but still a great time.

In here waiting for show #,  A few other trooper's also waiting.

PXL_20220922_231725871.thumb.jpg.dc71150c8e08df8c79870adb3065f563.jpg

I'm really looking forward to this!  

Thank you so much for all the great pictures and information, we board on Sunday.  We have been following along each day. 

We are concerned about the weather, we are going to Halifax rather than Sydney and they are expecting Fiona to hit there.  Can we expect a bumpy ride, will our ports be changed ?  

22 minutes ago, baleeve17 said:

Following along - I am on the 10/2 cruise. 

Can you please post Day 6 Cruise compass. Thank you.

Enjoy - stay safe and have a great time!

This poor guy has been getting harassed for these CCs more than on any thread I've seen.  I was after him a couple days ago too!  😄

Thank you again @alexgtp for taking the time from your cruise to post all this info.  Such a huge help in the planning process.  If you happen by Gio's Table at any point when they're open for lunch, can you find out what the cover is?  Thx again!

• Like 1