Heike's new home

uktog

3 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Jut noticed the website is Versonix Seaware the same company producing Azamara’s new system and presumably the website as well, hopefully Azamara’s will be better.

I live in hope! I’ve been dealing with the dreadful websites of Celebrity and Azamara for what seems like forever.

Edited by lisiamc

9 hours ago, Riocca said:

But can these new bigger luxury ships complete with Azamara’s ability to get into the unusual ports? If you’re happy with Le Verdon instead of The centre of Bordeaux, Cadiz rather than Seville how about Le Havre not Rouen the list goes on. I’ve seen Viking in the container port near Marseille rather than docking in the town as Azamara does.

If your destination is the glitzy new cruise ship that’s fine, but while Azamara can offer a premium experience and access these unusual locations I will keep booking. My fear is that when Azamara get new ships, and it’s going to have to happen, they will go the same route as Oceania, Viking and Explora.

Just seen a sign of the times - Pursuit is expecting to be met by protestors in Bordeaux who are unhappy about cruise ships coming up the river

10 minutes ago, uktog said:

Just seen a sign of the times - Pursuit is expecting to be met by protestors in Bordeaux who are unhappy about cruise ships coming up the river

We had a warm welcome on Quest just two weeks ago and no problems whatsoever.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, uktog said:

It is reported here

A quick Google comes up with current protests against the mega cruise ships in Marseille, so maybe there’s difficult times ahead for cruise ships of all sizes. We are due to be there on Onward on the 1st November, be interesting to see what happens.

2 hours ago, lisiamc said:

I am hoping they will offer some reasonable prices, and perhaps start some of their cruises from Ancona, as MSC do. I would give them a try, especially if Heike is on board.

Not sure Heike would be onboard, her role looks to be at a higher level!

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Not sure Heike would be onboard, her role looks to be at a higher level!

I believe she will have an onboard role, suspect moving to each new ship as it comes out.

• Like 1