Gratuity for Specialty dining

ksmcdonald

I had booked Rudi’s Seagrill and Teppanyaki for our upcoming cruise. I noticed that they included gratuity for Teppanyaki ($12.60) but no gratuity for Rudi’s. Why would they confuse us by charging gratuity for one and not the other?  Is gratuity included in the $84 charge (two people) for Rudi’s?  

The tip is included in the price of the steakhouse.  Even so, we always tip an extra $25-$35 depending on whether we order bottles of wine.

From the Carnival website:

The fee includes a starter, salad, entrée, dessert and the wait's staffs' gratuity; additional gratuities may be extended at the guest's discretion. 

Edited by Florings
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, pohlerbear said:

Can I piggy back on this question? We have reservations for the steakhouse for the first time next month- what is the going rate for cash tip? 

It varies with the individual cruiser. I usually tip $5.00 for the order taker; $5.00 for the server. Some tip more; some tip less. I tip more if the service is outstanding....it really depends on what you are comfortable with. :classic_wink:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pohlerbear said:

Can I piggy back on this question? We have reservations for the steakhouse for the first time next month- what is the going rate for cash tip? 

Automatic gratuity is included and from my understanding cannot be removed.

So with that in mind, cash tips are entirely optional and not expected. So there's no going rate.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, activeac1968 said:

Yes, the gratuity is included for Rudi's, 18% additional charge for Bonsai Teppanyaki (per Carnival website) I booked both of these as well and had the same question 😁

thank you!  I appreciate you letting me know. 

• Like 1