On board Silhouette now - secret curry night

NeroliGirl

Hi  - we’re currently on board the Silhouette 9-night cruise to France and Spain (10-19 Sept). 
There is an un-advertised curry night in the sushi space on deck 5 on 14th and 16th Sept. Cover charge $48. The curry nights in our experience are usually excellent - limited availability so book soon! 
Go to Sushi on 5 to book. 

22 minutes ago, NeroliGirl said:

Hi  - we’re currently on board the Silhouette 9-night cruise to France and Spain (10-19 Sept). 
There is an un-advertised curry night in the sushi space on deck 5 on 14th and 16th Sept. Cover charge $48. The curry nights in our experience are usually excellent - limited availability so book soon! 
Go to Sushi on 5 to book. 

Thanks for this - we are on the same cruise at the end of this month (30th September).  Sounds like this Curry Night (which sounds good) is on the 5th and 7th night of the cruise - is that correct ?  

We have a dining package (several nights) - so wondering if we can use one of our pre paid nights for this ?  

Also wondering what champagne (by the glass) is currently available on the ship - premium package ?   Have they got any Cattier or Montaudon ?    or are they still pretending that "Chandon"  or Celebrity Vintages Brut are champagnes ?     (Both are sparkling white wines - but not champagnes)  

4 hours ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Also wondering what champagne (by the glass) is currently available on the ship - premium package ?   Have they got any Cattier or Montaudon ?    or are they still pretending that "Chandon"  or Celebrity Vintages Brut are champagnes ?     (Both are sparkling white wines - but not champagnes)  

I am also keen to know what champagnes are available by the glass. Sailing in October and love a nice champagne.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Thanks for this - we are on the same cruise at the end of this month (30th September).  Sounds like this Curry Night (which sounds good) is on the 5th and 7th night of the cruise - is that correct ?  

We have a dining package (several nights) - so wondering if we can use one of our pre paid nights for this ?  

I think the dates would depend on the duration of your cruise - ours is 9 nights so 2 curry nights, a 7-night cruise might only have 1. And they’ve avoided both Evening Chic nights which are on the two sea days. 

I don’t think you’d be able to use your dining package, these curry nights aren’t plugged in to the app so seem to be separate from the other speciality dining options. 

And as for ‘champagne’, yes it appears to be Chandon Brut and Celebrity Vintage Brut, although there is something called Bouvet in Luminae and some of the speciality restaurants. We’ve not tried it, we prefer still wine (or proper champagne) but they still don’t seem to be able to track down the widely-advertised but always unavailable Villa Maria!

1 hour ago, NeroliGirl said:

I think the dates would depend on the duration of your cruise - ours is 9 nights so 2 curry nights, a 7-night cruise might only have 1. And they’ve avoided both Evening Chic nights which are on the two sea days. 

I don’t think you’d be able to use your dining package, these curry nights aren’t plugged in to the app so seem to be separate from the other speciality dining options. 

And as for ‘champagne’, yes it appears to be Chandon Brut and Celebrity Vintage Brut, although there is something called Bouvet in Luminae and some of the speciality restaurants. We’ve not tried it, we prefer still wine (or proper champagne) but they still don’t seem to be able to track down the widely-advertised but always unavailable Villa Maria!

Thanks for the heads up.  Ours is also a 9 night - the same itinerary as yours - so will assume the Curry NIght is likely to be on those nights as well.  I'll check as to whether I can use the package.  

Disappointed by the "champagnes" which seem to be currently available - all the above are sparkling wines not proper champagnes.  The Premium drinks package is stated to include champagnes - so will feel a bit let down if all they have is Bouvet, Chandon or Celebrity Vintage.   Bit like calling Prosecco a champagne.   

6 hours ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Ours is also a 9 night - the same itinerary as yours - so will assume the Curry NIght is likely to be on those nights as well.  I'll check as to whether I can use the package.  

Disappointed by the "champagnes" which seem to be currently available - all the above are sparkling wines not proper champagnes.  The Premium drinks package is stated to include champagnes - so will feel a bit let down if all they have is Bouvet, Chandon or Celebrity Vintage.   Bit like calling Prosecco a champagne.   

Correction on the champagne front - there is Perrier-Jouet on the menu at the Sunset bar, priced at $28.5 per glass, so somewhat higher than the Premium package limit!

18 hours ago, NeroliGirl said:

Correction on the champagne front - there is Perrier-Jouet on the menu at the Sunset bar, priced at $28.5 per glass, so somewhat higher than the Premium package limit!

They can keep that.   If I have to pay, I may as well take some decent champagne on board with me. 

I'll be looking for the genuine champagnes which are inside the Premium package (as per the advertising blurb - to get you to take the upgraded package) !   In the past they have had Cattier or Montaudon in the Premium Package - but understood they had some sourcing issues - hence the push towards prosecco type sparkling wines.      

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cheshire Blue said:

They can keep that.   If I have to pay, I may as well take some decent champagne on board with me. 

I'll be looking for the genuine champagnes which are inside the Premium package (as per the advertising blurb - to get you to take the upgraded package) !   In the past they have had Cattier or Montaudon in the Premium Package - but understood they had some sourcing issues - hence the push towards prosecco type sparkling wines.      

Hello,

I am of exactly the same view when it comes to Prosecco. The swill they serve at Elite Cocktail Hours and put in Concierge cabins is called 'Prosecco' but is nothing like it.

I should have no problem on Cunard getting real (and good) Champagne next April.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

We're sailing on Equinox soon, and I want to remember to ask if they have something similar on board.  That would be nice.  We get some very good Indo-Paki food in Houston, and I nearly always enjoy what they have on the ships.

4 minutes ago, cublet said:

I want to know the nationality of the cooks before I book an Indian meal.

If you are on a cruise ship these days, your cooks are very likely to be Indian.  That's why they do things like the curry nights and have excellent Indian food in the buffet.

If this is the Taj X pop-up dinner that we had on the Silhouette last December it was exceptional. I posted this thread about it at the link below.  

And to answer a question in a comment above: this dinner is not something you can use a dining package on.

• Like 2