Coco Cay South Beach Cabanas

smheese

Do those feel far away from everything else? I noticed it said a shuttle is provided every 15 minutes which makes me feel like they are kinda isolated? I plan for the kids to be in the waterpark and other parts of the island but want them to be able to access us and take a break in the cabana when needed through the day. 

There aren't any good walking trails to South Beach from other parts of the island... if you want to walk it, you have to walk in the dirt (sand) road that the trams are driving on. 

The distance isn't all that long (the entire island is pretty small!) but the foliage/landscaping is very dense and might be confusing for people not familiar with the area because you can't see where you're headed -- the tram roads are almost like a labyrinth.  

But jumping on ANY tram will eventually take you to South Beach.  The entire tram system is like a big letter C, and the trams just go back and forth along the route all day long.  

Thanks. We are all about being on the beach and getting as much beach time as possible out of every trip, definitely not interested in being in a crazy water park all day when the beach is right there. 😉 Even if we were there, we wouldn't be going on the slides with the kids anyway. I'm just wondering how far off the south beach feels. 

We were there in June and had a day bed in South Beach. It was tranquil. When we went to pick up the tram...the wait was too long so we walked...it took 15 minutes to reach the water park and market. It may be confusing to a child, or adult..lol to find the way back and forth.

I just did a rough distance measurement of one of the pathways if walking from South Beach to the Water Park entrance and it came out to 1500 feet on Google Maps.  

The entire island isn't all that big, but because of the landscaping you can't see one area from another area, so it can be confusing to people who haven't been there before and/or don't have an excellent sense of direction.  

CocoCay-distance SB to WP.png