Cave tubing in October?

Mum2Mercury

The water on the cave tubing trips is the same temp year round ... which is cool.  Not crazy cold but it is noticably colder than your body temp.  That said.... it feels so good after walking in the HOT jungle for a mile, very refreshing, and I can't imagine any problems with the temp.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ABQrobin said:

The water on the cave tubing trips is the same temp year round ... which is cool.  Not crazy cold but it is noticably colder than your body temp.  That said.... it feels so good after walking in the HOT jungle for a mile, very refreshing, and I can't imagine any problems with the temp.  

Thanks for the info!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2022 at 7:08 PM, vwrestler171 said:

Only issue is that October is rainy season, so if the rain is substantial, the caves will be closed.

yes, it is possible.  Our first cruise was in Oct and when we were there, Belize had been enduring a week of non-stop rains so all tubing excursions were cancelled.  That whole region of the Caribbean has rain during Oct-Nov, sometimes hurricanes and such, but you can also have beautiful sunny weather.  No way to predict.

Yes, impossible to predict.  We cruised one month ago, and the Caribbean was gorgeous every single day -- absolutely perfect weather.  I think it rained late one evening.  Fast forward two weeks, and Hurricane Ian was shaking up things.  When you make your ressies months -- for some people, even a year -- in advance, you just can't know whether you're choosing well or not.  

Okay, back to Cave Tubing:  

We're looking at going with Butts Up.  Their online reviews are good, and their price looks reasonable -- any personal experiences?  

The one thing I'm not clear on.  They offer three big activities:  Cave tubing, ATV rides and Ziplines.  And they seem to be in the same area.  We were planning to do JUST tubing, but if we make that choice, will we be sitting around?  What I'm thinking: 

What we really want to do is just the Cave tubing, but IF we'd just be sitting around waiting, we might add on the ATV ride.  Thoughts?

7 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Yes, impossible to predict.  We cruised one month ago, and the Caribbean was gorgeous every single day -- absolutely perfect weather.  I think it rained late one evening.  Fast forward two weeks, and Hurricane Ian was shaking up things.  When you make your ressies months -- for some people, even a year -- in advance, you just can't know whether you're choosing well or not.  

Okay, back to Cave Tubing:  

We're looking at going with Butts Up.  Their online reviews are good, and their price looks reasonable -- any personal experiences?  

The one thing I'm not clear on.  They offer three big activities:  Cave tubing, ATV rides and Ziplines.  And they seem to be in the same area.  We were planning to do JUST tubing, but if we make that choice, will we be sitting around?  What I'm thinking: 

What we really want to do is just the Cave tubing, but IF we'd just be sitting around waiting, we might add on the ATV ride.  Thoughts?

I will let you know about Butts up in a little over a week.  I am booked through them for cave tubing for my cruise that leaves on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, vwrestler171 said:

I will let you know about Butts up in a little over a week.  I am booked through them for cave tubing for my cruise that leaves on Saturday.

Yes, please!  I'd love to hear whatever you have to say upon your return.  Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 7:20 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

Yes, please!  I'd love to hear whatever you have to say upon your return.  Thank you! 

Well cave tubing was canceled due to high water.  They waited until we were on the bus to cancel and when we got to the site that they share with the zip line, there was no way they could have thought that cave tubing would happen, especially since they said the river had gone down 10 ft since Monday nd they had to close parts of the zipline tour due to high water earlier in the week(we were there on Wednesday)..  Personally, I would  not do the zipline again, or the ATV ride.  I have ATVs at home and was disappointed in the ride they offered, but f you don't have ATV's you may enjoy it.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

Well cave tubing was canceled due to high water.  They waited until we were on the bus to cancel and when we got to the site that they share with the zip line, there was no way they could have thought that cave tubing would happen, especially since they said the river had gone down 10 ft since Monday nd they had to close parts of the zipline tour due to high water earlier in the week(we were there on Wednesday)..  Personally, I would  not do the zipline again, or the ATV ride.  I have ATVs at home and was disappointed in the ride they offered, but f you don't have ATV's you may enjoy it.  

Well, that is disappointing -- and sounds like they could've handled it better.  

5 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Well, that is disappointing -- and sounds like they could've handled it better.  

I agree.  I felt they strung us along enough to keep us from getting another tour.  That being said, the tour guide they put us with(Speedy) was awesome.  

• Like 1

What concerns me is that we're planning JUST to do the cave tubing -- so I surely don't want to ride all the way out there and be told I can't do the ONE activity!  

Thanks for your information.  I'm still planning to go, but I'm going to question our driver carefully before we go:  "What's the river like today?  It's not too high?  For sure we can tube?"  

On 10/16/2022 at 5:54 PM, Mum2Mercury said:

What concerns me is that we're planning JUST to do the cave tubing -- so I surely don't want to ride all the way out there and be told I can't do the ONE activity!  

Thanks for your information.  I'm still planning to go, but I'm going to question our driver carefully before we go:  "What's the river like today?  It's not too high?  For sure we can tube?"  

I was just planning on doing the cave tubing as well.  They won't answer about the river on that day because they won't be out there yet, but ask how it was yesterday and if they were allowed to tube the previous day.

• Like 1