Guarantee GTY Balcony Question

1bravesfan

45 minutes ago, 1bravesfan said:

I am booked on a cruise on the Radiance of the Seas for a GTY Balcony room in November and the Balocony Rooms are sold out.  I assume that they hold back rooms.  Am I correct?

You will be fine.  November is still a couple of months away and people change cabins/upgrade all of the time.  Sold out just means they aren't selling any more balconies - relax, you will get what you booked or better.

I just received my cabin assignment for our mid-October Allure cruise and I couldn't be happier - the first cabin on the bump, where the balconies start getting larger.  

• Like 1

We took a balcony guaranty on our recent Explorer cruise and our cruise showed balconies being sold out several months before the cruise.  We received our assignment early on and were very happy with the one we got.

However, someone on our roll call who also booked a balcony guaranty was assigned a panoramic ocean view cabin as there were no more balconies available right before the cruise.  She had the option of cruising in that cabin with a price adjustment or canceling and getting a refund.

2 hours ago, SimplyAlbert said:

We took a balcony guaranty on our recent Explorer cruise and our cruise showed balconies being sold out several months before the cruise.  We received our assignment early on and were very happy with the one we got.

However, someone on our roll call who also booked a balcony guaranty was assigned a panoramic ocean view cabin as there were no more balconies available right before the cruise.  She had the option of cruising in that cabin with a price adjustment or canceling and getting a refund.

Holy Cow!!  It better be a huge price adjustment or on board credit.

2 hours ago, SimplyAlbert said:

I have  balcony guarantee on a  17 night TA next year at a great price and if they did not honor it I would be forced to keep the cruise and depending if I still have any FCC it would probably be my last cruise on Royal. This one would be number 30 on Royal.

11 hours ago, SimplyAlbert said:

That's interesting and I have to say that is the very first time I recall ever hearing about that happening.

• Like 1

It's EXTREMELY rare for someone to have a GTY booked and not get the category they booked or higher. 

Once in a blue moon it does happen -- likely because of a maintenance issue that made a room unavailable (like if someone trashed a room and they had to tear it apart, clean it, paint it, and recarpet it -- way more than could be accomplished on Turn Around Day).  

But the number of rooms available to book doesn't mean they don't have any of those rooms available.