Overseas Adventure Travel

pugetmandm

We have done 10 trips with OAT/GCT. I did the Northern Greece, Albania & Macedonia trip this spring by myself and it was a fantastic itinerary (but land based) and had a wonderful Trip Leader. I followed it with Crossroads of the Adriatic where the itinerary was very good. We have done 2 Africa trips and absolutely loved them both. Kenya, Tanzania & Uganda Aug. 2022.

The only small ship we were on, besides river cruises in Europe,  was the Corinthian on the Antarctica Voyage and it was an excellent trip. 

All in all we find the trips very good to excellent. Itineraries are excellent with very few 1-night stays. Accommodations are generally 3-star. Most Trip Leaders are very good, a few have been outstanding and a couple mediocre. Customer Service is good once we finally get a hold of them. Long hold times like many businesses these days.

Some friends are on the Dalmatian Coast cruise in a few weeks so we will definitely get a trip report from them.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2022 at 10:03 AM, traveljunki said:

We have done 10 trips with OAT/GCT. I did the Northern Greece, Albania & Macedonia trip this spring by myself and it was a fantastic itinerary (but land based) and had a wonderful Trip Leader. I followed it with Crossroads of the Adriatic where the itinerary was very good. We have done 2 Africa trips and absolutely loved them both. Kenya, Tanzania & Uganda Aug. 2022.

The only small ship we were on, besides river cruises in Europe,  was the Corinthian on the Antarctica Voyage and it was an excellent trip. 

All in all we find the trips very good to excellent. Itineraries are excellent with very few 1-night stays. Accommodations are generally 3-star. Most Trip Leaders are very good, a few have been outstanding and a couple mediocre. Customer Service is good once we finally get a hold of them. Long hold times like many businesses these days.

Some friends are on the Dalmatian Coast cruise in a few weeks so we will definitely get a trip report from them.

Thanks so much--very helpful!

Mark

I did this trip on the Arethusa four years ago and it was fantastic.  OAT's small 50 passenger ships (Arethusa, Athena, Artemis) are the only was to cruise.  I been on each multiple times.  They break you into two groups of 25 for the shore excursions which makes it easier to visit the sites. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...