Manage My Reservation - This Limited??

carolina_yankee

We aren’t cruising until next June on Queen Victoria, but I’m shocked at how little information is available under Manage My Reservation or what one can do. Are these screens normal? They don’t even look formatted accurately. I’m using Safari on Mac and IPad. I’m particularly amused under dining that I must have a parent book for me. As a 57 year old “orphan” that just isn’t going to happen! All my details are correct in the confirmation.

I cannot see an cruise contracts, view full cruise details, or even see the opportunities to make specialty dining bookings. Am I overthinking this and it’s all done one board or becomes available after final payment? Excursions also not listed, but I wouldn’t expect them to show up for awhile. When they do, will I be able to book online?

21D56835-858D-44E0-A4FE-093C16A7BCB9.png

FB1269AD-F7E8-40A5-A95D-7E6C0AAD5581.png

706D48CC-68AF-4A0A-B34E-C39E0955C34E.jpeg

Im on QV in 55 days and looking on my booking now. The useful stuff is in booking summary - i can buy shore experiences, under dining it says reservations will become available in october, i can book spa treatments, view and buy gifts and book travel extras. 

I don't know if it has anything to do with it being a short time until sailing though.

3 hours ago, sogne said:

In UK I can see all.info & excursions for all.ports except Geiranger 

Interesting - in the US we just get a description of the port and a boxed message saying that excursions are still being prepared!  This is for the June 6, 2023 QV sailing.

51 minutes ago, jimbo1683 said:

Sorry ive just realised most of the useful stuff is the labels in the grey bar beneath where you have 'before you sail' highlighted. This bar doesnt change if you navigate to booking summary or calendar.

I can definitely see things under those tabs, but nothing really specific to our booking except for the excursion ports with no excursions and the minimal details of our sailing that you can see in one of the shots above.

I should note, too, that we used a travel agent to book, but I don’t think that would necessarily matter. I suspect I’ll see more things after Paid In Full and when check-in opens or booking windows open. It just is far less classy than I would have imagined. Even sister-line HAL has a much better organized and laid out “manage my booking” site!

Just now, carolina_yankee said:

I can definitely see things under those tabs, but nothing really specific to our booking except for the excursion ports with no excursions and the minimal details of our sailing that you can see in one of the shots above.

I should note, too, that we used a travel agent to book, but I don’t think that would necessarily matter. I suspect I’ll see more things after Paid In Full and when check-in opens or booking windows open. It just is far less classy than I would have imagined. Even sister-line HAL has a much better organized and laid out “manage my booking” site!

I think (but cant say with certainty) that more has appeared from about 60 days out, rather than when i paid in full a little over a month ago. Certainly the ability to book thermal suite and treatments wasn't there two weeks ago. I'm also pretty certain that visibility of gifts and extras such as photography packages has only just become available. I also notice that the drinks page tells me packages are not available for my voyage which i hadnt seen before (its a short voyage where they dont seel drink packages - but the message hadn't featured until recently). I have had the ability to book excursions pretty much from the time I booked the cruise a year ago though (but maybe that depends on your itinery).

So my conclusion from my limited knowledge is that it all becomes available from about 60 days before sailing, in the UK at least.

2 hours ago, carolina_yankee said:

I can see excursions etc for most of the ports on our 1st Oct sailing on QV in 2023. 

I'm running a Mac too, Dirk, and accidentally used Safari the other day to search the Cunard website - very different results (and limited information) compared to the FIrefox I generally use. I'm not in the US.

Also, I'm sure that in the past excursions haven't been listed on your booking page until at least within the 6 month mark. You can look at the ports on the Cunard website and, from memory, they have indicative tours listed.

6 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

I'm running a Mac too, Dirk, and accidentally used Safari the other day to search the Cunard website - very different results (and limited information) compared to the FIrefox I generally use. I'm not in the US.

Also, I'm sure that in the past excursions haven't been listed on your booking page until at least within the 6 month mark. You can look at the ports on the Cunard website and, from memory, they have indicative tours listed.

In theory excursions in UK are available to book 1 year before sailing. For OP cruise which we are going they were with 1 exception. I use chrome but can also see on edge and Firefox.

My upcoming 'Norway and Northern Lights' sailing has two Southampton 'turn around' days. Normally, excursions are posted for the 'in transit' passengers between 90 to 120 days before the sailing.

For this year, only one Southampton shore excursion has been posted [Stonehenge on 1 November] and nothing for the 13 November turn around day.