Boarding pass

sofienummer

Hello fellow cruisers 🙂 

I'm back once again with more questions as a first time HAL cruiser. I'm genuinely happy and relieved a forum like this with knowledgeable and kind people exists!

I'll be sailing this next Sunday!! 25th of September. I have received my boarding pass through the HAL website, however I can't open my documents on the Navigator app. When I try to see my boarding pass, it gives an 'error'. I've read that more people have had trouble with it, does it have something to do with the fact I still have to do my health assignment 3 days prior to departure?

Aside from my embark time, my boarding pass also gives an disembark time. Is this a general disembark time or have I already been assigned a time?

• Like 1

The disembark time is when things get rolling on that day; you get to pick your time (more or less) by picking up luggage tags the day or two before, which puts you in a disembarking group. We disembarked starting at 8AM in August, and our group was something like GREEEN-1, which was 9:45AM. The whole process (in Vancouver at least) took about 20 minutes once we were off the ship.

Hi, you do not need to use the app. Simply go to the website to complete the information  and  print out the boarding pass from there.  
 It is the last page of your checkin forms. 

try updating your app and turning your device off then on.  That likely will clear up any issues

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, sofienummer said:

Hello fellow cruisers 🙂 

I'm back once again with more questions as a first time HAL cruiser. I'm genuinely happy and relieved a forum like this with knowledgeable and kind people exists!

I'll be sailing this next Sunday!! 25th of September. I have received my boarding pass through the HAL website, however I can't open my documents on the Navigator app. When I try to see my boarding pass, it gives an 'error'. I've read that more people have had trouble with it, does it have something to do with the fact I still have to do my health assignment 3 days prior to departure?

Aside from my embark time, my boarding pass also gives an disembark time. Is this a general disembark time or have I already been assigned a time?

Since you have not completed the health portion it won't help you to print out the boarding pass. It does not have the final information that is needed to board. Can you log into your cruise with your account? If you can, then try to print the boarding pass. Once you complete the health section there should be a QAR code on the pass. Print a copy of it and bring it with you to the cruise check in. As others have said it does not have to be on your Navigator app.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, colin v said:

When I have trouble with the app I log out and log back in. Things magically appear again. 

Thank you, but sadly that didn't work! I even deleted the app and downloaded it again, but I heard it's okay if I have a printed boarding pass, so all is well 🙂 

16 hours ago, Trapper44 said:

Since you have not completed the health portion it won't help you to print out the boarding pass. It does not have the final information that is needed to board. Can you log into your cruise with your account? If you can, then try to print the boarding pass. Once you complete the health section there should be a QAR code on the pass. Print a copy of it and bring it with you to the cruise check in. As others have said it does not have to be on your Navigator app.

Sorry, not true.  A completed boarding pass must have a bar code on it, which is typically two-weeks out. I just printed ours yesterday. The health questionnaire is totally separate, and is 72 hrs out.  Hint:  when printing the boarding pass, just print page 2-2, and not the other 12 pages of fine print (unless fine print is important to you 😅)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1