Didn't realize .... Spring Break Cruise

Sue Goodreds

On 9/19/2022 at 4:30 AM, Sue Goodreds said:

Magic out of Port Canaveral, March 19, 2023

That ship will most likely sail at 110% occupancy. You'll need to look at one of those Spring Break calendars online to see which states are in Spring Break at that time to see what kind of an impact that may or may not have. Just expect a lot of kids and bring your patience. 🙂 

This is one site that lists Spring Breaks for US school districts and there are others:

https://schoolholidays-usa.com/spring-break-2023/

• Thanks 1

We are in our early 60's. Sailed first week of April this spring from PC on Elation. Its a smaller ship and maybe off the radar for a lot of spring breakers. We did meet a couple of great college kids and greatly enjoyed talking to them about travel, religion and mutual interests. Yes they were drinking and having fun but that didn't bother us one bit. Perhaps we got lucky to have respectful young passengers, but there's always quiet spaces to be had if needed. Go and have fun, keep an open mind and you never know who you may meet.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

We went there on our spring break cruise this past April and it was barely half full. We were kind of surprised! We even made sure we got off the ship quickly so that we could get a good spot. But it really didn't matter since there were so few people when we got there.

Just now, TN Roz said:
21 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

We went there on our spring break cruise this past April and it was barely half full. We were kind of surprised! We even made sure we got off the ship quickly so that we could get a good spot. But it really didn't matter since there were so few people when we got there.

We were there in March so that may be the difference. Maybe March is Spring Break for most universities/colleges.

If it were me and I could cruise a different time, I woud cancel and rebook.  Pretty much all of March, April and mid October are off my list for cruising dates because of all the brats from primary school running wild on the ships. College spring break wouldn't bother me at all - good people watching!