Beverage Package Price Changes

cruisingcasual

We just got off the Emerald Princess and had a price increase mid cruise. We usually get the drink package and one of the wines that my DW likes happens to be a bit more expensive than the $12 allowed so she usually get charged the extra ($3). Part way through the cruise we noticed a different charge on our bill. $4.72 mostly--We went to the bar where we were getting most of our drinks. The bartender looked it up and the price had gone up one dollar.. Back to the first bar and the price had not gone up. It turns out they have two systems, depending on which the bartender uses. (The different tablets vs stand up computer). Ok, so now one wonders how the "old" system charges $3 while the updated system charges $4 plus the 18% service charge to get to the $4.72? Why is the 18% service not added to the old $3.00   Aw the sweet mysteries of life 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, triple7tahoe said:

We just got off the Emerald Princess and had a price increase mid cruise. We usually get the drink package and one of the wines that my DW likes happens to be a bit more expensive than the $12 allowed so she usually get charged the extra ($3). Part way through the cruise we noticed a different charge on our bill. $4.72 mostly--We went to the bar where we were getting most of our drinks. The bartender looked it up and the price had gone up one dollar.. Back to the first bar and the price had not gone up. It turns out they have two systems, depending on which the bartender uses. (The different tablets vs stand up computer). Ok, so now one wonders how the "old" system charges $3 while the updated system charges $4 plus the 18% service charge to get to the $4.72? Why is the 18% service not added to the old $3.00   Aw the sweet mysteries of life 🙂

Wow. Just wow. Ridiculous.....

20 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Wow. Just wow. Ridiculous.....

yeah i agree. Now i do not only have to go bar to bar to find out which has the wine like to drink . This is my pet peeve with return to cruising, you find a wine or top shelf spirit once, only to never find it again until the last night of the cruise.

NOW, I have to find TWO bars that have the wine I like to drink, order a glass from each bar go to guest services, drinking double fisted the whole way,  price check it. Then return to those bars and order again have the bar tender use the "other system" , return to guest services double fisted . Forgot I have to wait like 5 minutes between orders. Price check at guest services . Now I am 4 glasses of wine into this research and i am to remember, what wine was my favorite,  the bar I was ordering my favorite wine from and what system to have the bartender use for best price.  You're are right WOW! just wow. I am not going to remember this! then i will have to repeat the process! good luck by the end of the day and i only have 15 drinks per day! I will never remember! next day---- repeat.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

34 minutes ago, charlie murphy said:

yeah i agree. Now i do not only have to go bar to bar to find out which has the wine like to drink . This is my pet peeve with return to cruising, you find a wine or top shelf spirit once, only to never find it again until the last night of the cruise.

NOW, I have to find TWO bars that have the wine I like to drink, order a glass from each bar go to guest services, drinking double fisted the whole way,  price check it. Then return to those bars and order again have the bar tender use the "other system" , return to guest services double fisted . Forgot I have to wait like 5 minutes between orders. Price check at guest services . Now I am 4 glasses of wine into this research and i am to remember, what wine was my favorite,  the bar I was ordering my favorite wine from and what system to have the bartender use for best price.  You're are right WOW! just wow. I am not going to remember this! then i will have to repeat the process! good luck by the end of the day and i only have 15 drinks per day! I will never remember! next day---- repeat.  

One good thing is that on Princess, unlike Carnival or perhaps other lines, you DO NOT have to wait 5 minutes between ordering each alcoholic drink. We were on the Emerald in August and had no problem ordering beer chasers for our Bloodie Marys -- ordering them together. We didn't try to do too much ordering drinks with the Medallion, but reports are that you could order multiple alcoholic drinks at a time on that also.

(We would also order 4 waters at a time for me and DH, so we could stock up a bit in our cabin.)

Edited by dreaminofcruisin
  • Thanks 1

On 9/20/2022 at 1:47 PM, dreaminofcruisin said:

One good thing is that on Princess, unlike Carnival or perhaps other lines, you DO NOT have to wait 5 minutes between ordering each alcoholic drink. We were on the Emerald in August and had no problem ordering beer chasers for our Bloodie Marys -- ordering them together. We didn't try to do too much ordering drinks with the Medallion, but reports are that you could order multiple alcoholic drinks at a time on that also.

(We would also order 4 waters at a time for me and DH, so we could stock up a bit in our cabin.)

Darn! (read you reply and said stronger words, like a lot of stronger words, posted and did not want to get censored)  now you tell me! I never knew that. I seriously never knew that! all these years! 

Edited by charlie murphy
spelling