Purse, waist pack...???

CruisingLover

Hi

I'd like to get something small to carry around with me while on the ship. Just basically for my room key, and small items (chapstick, phone, tissues, meds etc so, a lanyard won't be big enough). I was wondering what people use lately that's not too bulky or in the way?

Thanks!

There's no perfect solution, IMO. Wristlets or crossbodies you want to take off at dinner can still take up too much space on small dining tables and you end up practically under the table grabbing it when you are done. Waist packs are ridiculous, I don't care what the young hipsters say, especially if you are dressed nice for dinner.

I use a drawstring wristlet I purchased in Chinatown, and it's fine. I'm not endorsing it, but it does the trick when I need to carry stuff. I mostly opt for not carrying stuff other than my cell phone that has a back sliding compartment that holds my key and a single bill.

• Like 1

I like to use small crossbody bags (same thing I use at amusement parks) that are just big enough for my phone and a couple of small essentials. 

For something new, I have purchased a phone lanyard for my next cruise (leaving this weekend) and apparently put it somewhere safe so I'd have it to pack.  So safe that I haven't been able to find it.  Reading this thread reminded me of where I put it - in my crossbody bag... 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

II have a Tory Burch Kira Wallet Crossbody bag that I use while on the ship and it's perfect for me. Just the right size, can be casual or dressy, the strap comes off to become a clutch, and it looks classy.

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/tory-burch-kira-pebbled-leather-wallet-crossbody-bag/5356195?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home%2FAll Results&color=900

• Like 1

2 hours ago, weltek said:

There's no perfect solution, IMO. Wristlets or crossbodies you want to take off at dinner can still take up too much space on small dining tables and you end up practically under the table grabbing it when you are done.

On the days I happen to carry more than just my keycard, I use a wristlet.  At dinner I put it on my lap and then put my napkin on my lap over it.  No purse on the table this way, and don't have to put it on the floor.  I have yet to drop it or lose it doing this, and it isn't big enough to be bothersome on my lap.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

Hi! Most of my clothes don’t have pockets and I find that lanyards can scratch/snag clothes so I use a small, lightweight cross body purse. Mine was made by a local artist.  

I would do that but adding things to my pockets just makes my hips look even wider.

oops!   Added this to the wrong message 😂

Edited by BlueWatersCruising
  • Haha 1

On 9/19/2022 at 12:38 PM, NikiPinkston said:

II have a Tory Burch Kira Wallet Crossbody bag that I use while on the ship and it's perfect for me. Just the right size, can be casual or dressy, the strap comes off to become a clutch, and it looks classy.

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/tory-burch-kira-pebbled-leather-wallet-crossbody-bag/5356195?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&breadcrumb=Home%2FAll Results&color=900

I have something similar -- a small crossbody that I can wear all day and off the ship.  I can take off the strap and carry it as a clutch most evenings when I want something a bit dressier.  It's perfect for me.

• Like 2

This is from Chico’s (outlet). It was $35 but I had a $25 coupon plus my 5% off. So, it really was a steal. Back side has a zipper. Perfect for the few things you need like the room card, lipstick and phone. Comes in red and navy as well. Bought the black as it goes with everything

Edited by Cruiser1862
  • Like 1