Quick status report from San Juan

Aviator of the Seas

Hi all,

Overwhelming day yesterday in Puerto Rico with Hurricane Fiona. The emergency is still going on due to continued torrential rains, especially up in the mountains and the southwest portion of the big island.

Otherwise, San Juan suffered minimal damage. Just no power and running water right now and for a couple more days. But we should be back to near normal pretty soon. Your fall and winter plans should not be affected.

That is all!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

I'm so sorry that you had to go through all that... again. I have been through a couple of hurricanes, but not anything like you have had, and without help you need. I am so glad for your sake that San Juan has minimal effect. Praying for those that are affected by the mudslides and ongoing rains. Thank you for posting. We will be there in March but my concern go way beyond that. ❤️

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 11:18 AM, Aviator of the Seas said:

Your fall and winter plans should not be affected.

Been wondering about this. So currently no cruising in or out of San Juan I presume? I feel so bad for all of you there. Still not fully recovered from Maria and now more devastation. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Been wondering about this. So currently no cruising in or out of San Juan I presume? I feel so bad for all of you there. Still not fully recovered from Maria and now more devastation. 

No cruising out of San Juan right now but that was the case during the summer before the storm. This year no cruise line has a summer homeport in San Juan. That is scheduled to resume in the fall with Royal Caribbean first, in October I think, then NCL, then Viking, etc.

Edited by Aviator of the Seas
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aviator of the Seas said:

No cruising out of San Juan right now but that was the case during the summer before the storm. This year no cruise line has a summer homeport in San Juan. That is scheduled to resume in the fall with Royal Caribbean first, in October I think, then NCL, then Viking, etc.

Hoping all is well in PR for everyone! We're scheduled to dock on RC Symphony next month for a short evening visit (4:30p-10p) on October 17th.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2022 at 11:18 AM, Aviator of the Seas said:

Hi all,

Overwhelming day yesterday in Puerto Rico with Hurricane Fiona. The emergency is still going on due to continued torrential rains, especially up in the mountains and the southwest portion of the big island.

Otherwise, San Juan suffered minimal damage. Just no power and running water right now and for a couple more days. But we should be back to near normal pretty soon. Your fall and winter plans should not be affected.

That is all!

Thank you for the update. I hope things improve soon for everyone affected

My husband and I are scheduled to do a weeklong trip in old San Juan in about three weeks. I am wondering if we should change our plans? Are they saying power and water will be restored soon? We are staying a few days in old San Juan and a few days in the Condado area on the beach. Do you think we will have any issues? We arrive to the island October 10

• Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 3:36 PM, lucyjlou said:

Thank you for the update. I hope things improve soon for everyone affected

My husband and I are scheduled to do a weeklong trip in old San Juan in about three weeks. I am wondering if we should change our plans? Are they saying power and water will be restored soon? We are staying a few days in old San Juan and a few days in the Condado area on the beach. Do you think we will have any issues? We arrive to the island October 10

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding. We're already back to normal in San Juan. Power and water services are restored.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Aviator of the Seas said:

Hi, sorry for the delay in responding. We're already back to normal in San Juan. Power and water services are restored.

I'm so happy that all is well where you are. And thank you for the update. I can't wait to get back there in March. We just had Ian go through. Now to sit out the rest of hurricane season.

• Like 1