Thermal Spa Pass - Is Pre-Purchase Necessary?

rbxlady

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I promise I searched it but had trouble finding anything on point.

We'll be on the Getaway in October. We have reasons for not wanting to pre-purchase spa passes for me and my husband (I'm happy to explain if anyone cares, but suffice it to say, they're good reasons), so my question is:

Can we purchase spa passes on board?

If so, can we use OBC?

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

Sorry if this has been asked and answered. I promise I searched it but had trouble finding anything on point.

We'll be on the Getaway in October. We have reasons for not wanting to pre-purchase spa passes for me and my husband (I'm happy to explain if anyone cares, but suffice it to say, they're good reasons), so my question is:

If so, can we use OBC?

Thanks in advance!

Spa passes are very popular and tend to sell-out pre-cruise.  Sometimes they do have Day Passes available.  I believe that OBC can be used for the SPA, when purchased onboard.   

Hopefully, I am correct.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, rbxlady said:

If so, can we use OBC?

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can purchase spa passes on board and use your OBC. I have never been on a cruise where the thermal suite has sold out pre-cruise (and we sail with thermal suite passes multiple times a year). 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

Spa passes are very popular and tend to sell-out pre-cruise.  Sometimes they do have Day Passes available.  I believe that OBC can be used for the SPA, when purchased onboard.   

Hopefully, I am correct.

Good to know, thank you!

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes you can purchase spa passes on board and use your OBC. I have never been on a cruise where the thermal suite has sold out pre-cruise (and we sail with thermal suite passes multiple times a year). 

I think this sailing is not going to be super full, so I’m hoping they’ll still be available. Thank you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spanishguy1970 said:

precruise are usually $20 dollars cheaper i believe but we have purchased them on board and used OBC.

Our issue is that we’re sailing with our kids. If Splash Academy is not running or is super limited, we won’t have time to enjoy the thermal spa and don’t want to waste the money. If it’s more or less in full swing, and we can use OBC (we have $400, so there’s a big difference between OBC and paying out of pocket), then I don’t mind paying a little extra because I didn’t pre-purchase passes.

Thank you! I appreciate the info!

• Like 2

@rbxlady

Hopefully, everything works-out fine for you and your family!

After I had posted, I realized that it has been over 5 years since I last used a weeklong pass to a Thermal Spa (which did sell-out on that cruise).

Prices used to be significantly lower (as expected) back then.  I apologize for outdated information.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ggTexasGal said:

@rbxlady

Hopefully, everything works-out fine for you and your family!

After I had posted, I realized that it has been over 5 years since I last used a weeklong pass to a Thermal Spa (which did sell-out on that cruise).

Prices used to be significantly lower (as expected) back then.  I apologize for outdated information.

No worries— selling out is something to take into consideration because it’s always possible, even if it’s unlikely. I want to manage expectations as much as possible, which is why I’m asking and why I appreciate responses such as yours, even if the info may be outdated.

Honestly, I’ve spent so much already on this cruise that spa passes weren’t even on my radar until yesterday, when I realized that they might be a great way to spend our OBC. With all the prepaid packages and excursions and whatnot, I wasn’t sure how we were going to spend that much without getting frivolous with it. (Good problem to have, I know.)

Edited by rbxlady
  • Like 1

My cruise in April was fully booked (4,400 guests). The thermal suite was packed on the first sea day (an unplanned sea day due to an itinerary change). It mellowed out after that. I just gave that back story to say, even though we were fully booked and had a jam packed thermal suite, there were still passes to be had onboard. 

Good luck and I hope you get some rejuvenation from the wonderful warmth of the thermal suite.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

First time NCL'er.  I just booked a cruise.  Where do you find spa (thermal suite) passes for purchase?

Log into your MY NCL.  Open your cruise and look for Explore and Plan toward the top of the page.

Scroll down and look for Spa & Thermal Suite.  Check there.  Good luck!