Discover scuba

tmcollins

My daughter wants to do a Discover Scuba excursion but the rest of the family doesn’t. Is there a place/company where she can do the excursion and the rest of us can chill on the beach close to where she’ll be? I think we did something like this through Royal Caribbean excursions years ago in Roatan. I can’t remember the name of the beach club. We are visiting both Roatan and Cozumel, so either place would be fine. Doesn’t matter to me if it’s ship excursion or private company. I just don’t want to send her off in a foreign country alone. And she doesn’t want to go off alone. Thanks for any suggestions. 

Cozumel has dozens and dozens of private dive operators and instructors to choose from and they will most likely have arrangements for the whole family.  It totally depends on the company and where they are located.  Many do not have a shop, they are independent.  

I can't personally recommend anyone, but if you google search the topic you will come up with lots of them to contact.  We got certified in Cozumel with Papahogs in 2000, so many years ago.   Just send out some e-mails to a bunch of them, and see what you find.  A lot depends on your port time, too.