Carnival Cove Balcony

GaryWT

On 9/22/2022 at 8:04 AM, 1kaper said:

I believe we were fairly close to that room on the Dream when we had a cove.  I think we were 2412.  It is right under the galley.  As I mentioned in my previous post it was quite noisy.  It didn't bother us but I bet it would a lot of people.  I often wondered what they were dropping up there constantly.  

ETA - I just checked, we were 2414.  I was close

We were in room 2414 on the Magic and it was very loud from early morning until late at night. It sounded like bowling bowls being rolled across our ceiling at times. There must have been some kind of heavy wheeled cart or something that was being moved above us in the galley. We asked about the noise at guest services on day 2 or 3 and they called our room a couple of hours later and said they were going to move us to another room without us even requesting the room change. So we figured they must have known this was an known issue for that particular room on previous cruises. We have had other cove balconies in the area of the ship and have not heard any noise, so we were very surprised at the noise level when we go to this room. So, take this a word of warning for possible noise in this room.

We love Cove Balconies.  Easily preferred to a "conventional" balcony.  As long as you're not under the galley, you should be good.  The only downside to those deck 2 cove's is, when you leave your room, you're almost always walking to an elevator.  You're hardly ever walking up or down a flight or two of stairs.

Love the Coves! Stayed in my first one last year and it lived up to the hype. Booked a cruise earlier this year about eight weeks before sailing and couldn't get one as they are that popular. Ended up in a Lido balcony which we've had many times in the past and is now a close second as far as favorites go. Going to be back in a Cove in December and can't wait. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, birdie16 said:

We loved our cove balcony on the Panorama. We enjoyed the protection from the wind and felt it was warmer on cool sea days. Also, being so close to the water was enjoyable.

Do you have any pictures? We have a cove on the Panorama in August!

Coves are my preferred type of cabin!!  I cruise to see the ocean - and this is as close as you can get!  Private and protected - love going out early morning and late at night to see the waves and yes I have seen marine life.

But as mentioned do see what is above/below  you (which I would do anyway no matter where my cabin was).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, birdie16 said:

I'm going to try a video...hopefully it will not be upside down. 😉 This video shows you how close to everything you are on the Cove Balcony level. We loved it. We had cabin 2349.

Love the view, I’ve never had the opportunity to book one. Did you ever find ourself wishing you weren’t on deck 2? I just feel like the location isn’t great. 

3 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

Love the view, I’ve never had the opportunity to book one. Did you ever find ourself wishing you weren’t on deck 2? I just feel like the location isn’t great. 

Not at all. It is also the deck with the Family suites, so make sure you are far enough away from that if you don't want to be around kids. Our location was far enough it didn't bother us. We spent more time on our balcony on this cruise than we usually do.

On 9/26/2022 at 8:07 PM, Froufie said:

Coves are my preferred type of cabin!!  I cruise to see the ocean - and this is as close as you can get!  Private and protected - love going out early morning and late at night to see the waves and yes I have seen marine life.

But as mentioned do see what is above/below  you (which I would do anyway no matter where my cabin was).

Our cabin location was between the lifeboats, so we didn't have them blocking our immediate view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, notscb said:

What a neat view!

We're sailing on the dream in cove 2346. Did you find there was any noise form the galley above you during the night or was it quiet enough?

I believe 2346 is below the galley (2349 is on the other side and seems to be under the dining room) - you  may have early morning galley noise and might want to switch if you are a light sleeper?

• Thanks 2

On 9/29/2022 at 3:26 PM, notscb said:

What a neat view!

We're sailing on the dream in cove 2346. Did you find there was any noise form the galley above you during the night or was it quiet enough?

We didn’t notice any galley noise, but we found this ship doesn’t have as much soundproofing between cabins and the doors slam constantly from people on their balconies. We were very careful about not slamming, not everyone was.

• Thanks 2