Currently on the Liberty Sept 18-25th... Ask away!

constable145

22 hours ago, constable145 said:

I believe her name is Katy. I've seen her around the ship but haven't been to any shows yet that she's hosted. 

I've had good cruise directors (Richard Spacey) and bad ones who bragged about themselves (Ken Rush) and had amazing trips on both, so I'm probably the wrong person to weigh in on a CD. 

I'm onboard as well. Just saw your post. I miss several things from before. Duck on Mdr menu, filled donuts in WJ. Grab and go omelettes. Always before had ham and cheese. Now if you want a omelette you have to order it from scratch, good but seating is so tight in WJ, seems like just takes longer. 

I've seen Katy wave and smile after a show, nothing else. I've had her before. Havent seen her interactive on any cruise with her.

On the other hand. James the captain is great and loves to joke and interact. Loretta the diamond lounge ambassador is back and I think she is one of the best. She moved to suites for a while and back and shes awesome. We all want her to move with us to allure. James I heard is moving to allure. Yea. 

I loved james joke about he is taking us to cozumel because so many of us havent ever been there. 

I wish the crew could take off masks already.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, constable145 said:

No medical issues with any of the 4 in my suite. 

I had a issue that started last saturday. It's on my last weeks roll call. Something we ate. Dozens of us had a issue with the runs. One guy posted his doctor said e coli. I brought it up here onboard and it was dismissed. We coukdnt sail if food issues, or we havent heard any feedback. I didnt eat off the ship last week, only on the ship. I thought it was just me. I'm allergic to coconut and thought I must have eaten some accidentally, then I read dozens of others had the same, with food going thru them. Mine started late Saturday and some just got off sunday and posted. I'm over it but it was something I ate. I eat a lot of salads. 

I've done 15 on rcl since restart and 3 on carnival and first time I got sick. No one is seriously upset, says it's a chance. Never got covid ... so I've reported it. All I can do. It's not covid. It's a stomach thing. Everyone posted same symptoms, food ran thru them, none felt sick otherwise. A few went to doctors. I have 2 days free internet so i got on at midnight last night. That's when i became aware it wasnt just me as i assumed. 

I know I thought it was just me, I have foods I cant eat, but dozens had same thing. So I dont think was just me. I've skipped and few dinners, and tonight is lobster night. I'll eat light. I'll be back to dinner. I'm sure a few will say i shouldn't say it, except I experienced it myself, first hand. 

I asked when will cabin tv be fixed so we get news while at sea and was told the satellite cant be changed until dry dock. Several of us wanted to know the rate hike Wednesday. Some tvs seem to have a scroll across the bottom. Mine didnt. 

Don't want to hijack the thread here, but I just got off Liberty this past Sunday 9/18.  Overall, it was a pretty good cruise.

With regards to the ports of call - the weather in Costa Maya was ok at first, but then the clouds rolled in, along with some rain and lightning strikes further inland.  I didn't do any excursions there, but a friend of mine told me about what she did and it piqued my interest.  Roatan was perfect and it was my second time there.  My only issue was that my excursion (3 reef snorkel) really cut it close in getting us back to port, so I didn't have a chance to do a little shopping.  Belize was great as well with regards to the weather (did an excursion).  Apparently, RCL is dropping Belize as a stop - I believe it has something to do with having to sit out at sea and tender people to the port as well as some zig zag moves they need to make to get to said spot.  Can anyone confirm this?  Cozumel was...Cozumel.  Weather pulling in was ok, but the rain came and it was pretty much overcast the rest of the time there.  

Only two "alpha alpha alpha" emergencies during the trip - first one was actually on my deck (7) and down the hall a few doors, the other one happened on Saturday and I think it was on deck 10.

The large screen out by the pool is covered up with a canvas sporting the RCL logo.  That kinda sucked that it didn't work because it was nice to see movies, etc on it back in 2018 when you were either in the pool or jacuzzi. 

Ah, I really enjoyed lobster night, so firefly333 - hopefully you'll have had a good meal tonight.  Food in the MDR each night was good - no issues there.  Our servers Mozart & Imade were awesome (we were on deck 3 for the MDR).  

My main gripe with the embarkation process is that they need to be a bit more organized as to where the 11a, 1130a, 12p, 1230p, etc people need to be at or line up at.  At the terminal, there are signs denoting sectors (J, K, L, M, etc).  They need to tape a sign to the bottom of those signs indicating where those "times" need to be.  It was all a bit haphazard to me.  The disembarkation process wasn't that bad (I took my own luggage).