Cozumel: Does anyone know which pier Oceania uses?

jeph

There's one right near the middle of town, and a couple located south of town-- those are usually where the megaships tie up.

I will be sailing on Insignia, if that makes a difference-- at a mere 30,000 gross tons, like a gnat compared to Royal's behemoths. 😅

Thanks for the replies, everyone...It's supposed to be Cozumel at its craziest, with about five other ships there that day, all of them enormous.  IF they are well-filled, to something like their standard two-to-a-cabin capacity, that will mean close to 20,000 passengers in port IN ADDITION to the mere 600 to 700 the Insignia will carry. 😮

So since we're not due in until 10 am, I'll be grateful if there's any pier space left for us at all! 😂🙃

1 hour ago, jeph said:

Thanks for the replies, everyone...It's supposed to be Cozumel at its craziest, with about five other ships there that day, all of them enormous.  IF they are well-filled, to something like their standard two-to-a-cabin capacity, that will mean close to 20,000 passengers in port IN ADDITION to the mere 600 to 700 the Insignia will carry. 😮

So since we're not due in until 10 am, I'll be grateful if there's any pier space left for us at all! 😂🙃

We have docked  at 2 different ports there  with O so you never know  but check the link above closer to the date it is usually  right

We have been there with 10 ships in port  ..good thing a lot  go on tours out of town 😉

1 hour ago, jeph said:

We were there one time when there were many ships in  port. I believe 2 of them tendered.

As for the numbers of people, they schedule the ships so they don't arrive all at one time.

Many, if not most, people do not stay on Cozumel but take the ferry over to mainland Play del Carmen and the sites beyond.