Splendor Formal Nights?

Oceanviewer22

No formal nights.  Jacket not required, though you will see some.  Most men in long sleeve dress shirts…I think it’s called country club casual? My husband wears a long sleeve dress shirt

and pants and a navy jacket but the jacket is optional.  No tie.  

But you can be dressier if you want.  No one cares, just suit yourself as long as you stay in the generous dress code.  We would not feel strange to dress up in cocktail type evening wear if we were celebrating something special, and no one would think it odd.

this is based on our ONE cruise on the Explorer….

Joanie

Edited by GeorgiaPeach51
  • Like 1

Formal optional 1, 2 + nights depending on length of cruise. Somewhere on Regent.com it tells you the schedule and the simple dress code. a jacket and/or tie is never required by Regent in any restaurant on Regent ships. Many men including my husband do not even take a jacket even on Grand and World cruises. He may take a jacket for our Holiday cruise, however, but just because we dress up a bit at home in the Holidays. Regent dress code is really easy to pack lightly for; casual daytime wear, country club casual in the evening but no jeans T-shirts shorts in the evening except around the pool.

Dress code can be found on rssc.com under “Before you sail”, FAQ. 

Cruises of 16+ nights will have 2 “Formal Optional” nights, where the percentage of men wearing sport coats/suits/tuxes increases markedly. But it’s not required.
My wife and I like to dress up occasionally and never do so at home so I always bring a sport coat and tie so I can compliment her more dressy attire.
I find wearing my sport coat on the plane (flight attendant hangs it up as soon as I get on the plane) is a good way to not have to pack it. If it does get wrinkled, Regent’s free laundry will press it for me quickly. 😊

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I think a lot of guys wear jackets at dinner mostly because the dining venues can get a bit chilly.  Even on shorter cruises I'll usually bring a jacket (never a tie, though) and I usually wear it to dinner on special occasions and/or in specialty restaurants.  So yeah, it's definitely 'optional' across the board.

Unsolicited shout-out:  I'm a big fan of Regent's dress code - not too stuffy but enough to keep things nice.  And if you dress over the dress code?  No one cares.  Lots of freedom, IMO.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

I think a lot of guys wear jackets at dinner mostly because the dining venues can get a bit chilly.  Even on shorter cruises I'll usually bring a jacket (never a tie, though) and I usually wear it to dinner on special occasions and/or in specialty restaurants.  So yeah, it's definitely 'optional' across the board.

Unsolicited shout-out:  I'm a big fan of Regent's dress code - not too stuffy but enough to keep things nice.  And if you dress over the dress code?  No one cares.  Lots of freedom, IMO.

Agree, Bill. One of the very large reasons we now sail almost exclusively with Regent. Will probably bring only 1 jacket for our Splendor TA in March.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 6:30 PM, labonnevie said:

Dress code can be found on rssc.com under “Before you sail”, FAQ. 

Cruises of 16+ nights will have 2 “Formal Optional” nights, 

Just a quick note... the 16+ night must be a single segment.  If your 21 night cruise is two segments, both under 16 nights, even though you booked it as a single cruise, there won't be a Formal Optional night.  We did 44 nights as a single cruise, but it was 3 segments of a Grand Cruise.  Since the longest segment was 15 nights there was no Formal nights.  

But even so, I only take a sport coat and nice slacks and shirt and tie.  It's always Formal OPTIONAL.  

• Like 2