NCL Air San Juan - Canada & Transfers

dolfan1980

Hi folks,

I've been reading up on all the positive and negative reviews of NCL Air.  I'm trying to get set up for an Epic sailing the winter, but struggling to book a flight that's halfway reasonable/affordable.  If we go the NCL Air option, what are the odds they will have us on one of the 4am arrivals in San Juan and departures in the middle of the night (e.g. 2am departure from San Juan)?  Has anyone recently gotten flights from NCL (last winter I guess is recent at this point) to Canada and had good luck with them?  There's basically one option on Air Canada mid-day that gets us home same day, would they book this, or is an overnight stop in Toronto or otherwise something we could get stuck with as well?

Also curious if the transfers that automatically get added to the booking are required or if we can decline those?  No reason to spend over $200 on transfers when we could get a taxi or uber for far less, especially since we would definitely be arriving a day before the cruise given limited flight options if something was to go wrong.

Thank you in advance, I know there are lots of posts on this general topic, but I didn't find anything specific to San Juan which seems to be particularly difficult to access from Canada now that it seems Sprit/Jetblue dominiate most routes from San Juan and United which are the usual link to Canada have far fewer flights than the used to it seems.