Are AzAmazing Evenings Making a Comeback?

DenGNNJ

Was speaking with our TA today regarding our January 4, 2023 Australia/New Zealand Cruise and asked her to purchase the Indulgence Experience Package for us.  We figured it would save us about $500 over buying all those things ala carte (yes... we're most definitely going to make good use of ALL the package inclusions!  LOL).

Anyway, our TA also mentioned signing us up for the AzAmazing evening and gave us the details...  Apparently it's an evening Symphony & Opera concert while we're in Wellington (one of our late night stops).  Our TA told us that reservations were necessary, and she's reserved our spots for us.

This was the first I've heard of this ... no emails were sent from Azamara to us and I'm just relaying what I was told by our TA.  She didn't mention WHERE the concert was to be held, but the fact that she specifically mentioned reservations and "symphony" led me to think it might be held off-ship.

Edited by DenGNNJ
Title Change

• DenGNNJ changed the title to Are AzAmazing Evenings Making a Comeback?
33 minutes ago, DenGNNJ said:

Was speaking with our TA today regarding our January 4, 2023 Australia/New Zealand Cruise and asked her to purchase the Indulgence Experience Package for us.  We figured it would save us about $500 over buying all those things ala carte (yes... we're most definitely going to make good use of ALL the package inclusions!  LOL).

Anyway, our TA also mentioned signing us up for the AzAmazing evening and gave us the details...  Apparently it's an evening Symphony & Opera concert while we're in Wellington (one of our late night stops).  Our TA told us that reservations were necessary, and she's reserved our spots for us.

This was the first I've heard of this ... no emails were sent from Azamara to us and I'm just relaying what I was told by our TA.  She didn't mention WHERE the concert was to be held, but the fact that she specifically mentioned reservations and "symphony" led me to think it might be held off-ship.

Oh, and for your cruise, AzAmazing Evening was scheduled to be The Evening Symphony at Wellington Cathedral of St Paul. I attached Azamara flyer for your perusal.

AzAmazing_Evenings_Flyer.pdf

Edited by andrcan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, andrcan said:

Oh, and for your cruise, AzAmazing Evening was scheduled to be The Evening Symphony at Wellington Cathedral of St Paul. I attached Azamara flyer for your perusal.

AzAmazing_Evenings_Flyer.pdf 7.06 MB · 0 downloads

The invoice I just received from the Experience Package purchase still says "Destination Celebration", hence my surprise.  But a pleasant surprise nonetheless.

I sincerely hope there will be no unpleasant surprises later on. My cruise in December has it under “AzAmazing Evening” on the excursion list and I’d prefer it to be that way) Anyways, in your case I just cannot imagine it in Destination Celebration format as bringing symphony orchestra on board Azamara ship is a bit of a stretch…

Saw Azamara President on a You Tube posted interview awhile back. She stated that it takes a lot of advanced planning for AzAmazing evenings and that they should be fully implemented and scheduled by November of this year for off ship evenings. 
I thought I read that there already have been a few and in the meantime we had a pretty Azamazing evening on-board the Quest this year on a Caribbean cruise.

• Thanks 1

We are on ONWARD back to back starting 10 October 2022.  The first cruise has a Destinination celebration listed in the shore excursion listing.   The second has an AzAmazing Evening listed:

FLAMENCO FUSION IN PUEBLO ESPAÑOL

Enjoy an enchanting performance of a flamenco fusion at Palma's historic Pueblo Español, in the Sala Magna.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Saw Azamara President on a You Tube posted interview awhile back. She stated that it takes a lot of advanced planning for AzAmazing evenings and that they should be fully implemented and scheduled by November of this year for off ship evenings. 
I thought I read that there already have been a few and in the meantime we had a pretty Azamazing evening on-board the Quest this year on a Caribbean cruise.

Last year the Dec Caribbean cruise we were on had the Azamazing evening onboard, called the Destination Celebration, or something similar to that.

This year the Dec Caribbean cruise is off ship in St Maarten on the pier with a reggae band.

54 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

That doesn’t sound too exciting 

The Square at the terminal there is an open area with a stage area.  I liked the show last year but glad it is something different for this year and I am looking forward to it being off the ship.  I also agree that there aren’t a lot of fabulous venues in the Caribbean!

• Like 3

On 9/22/2022 at 9:27 PM, DS said:

We are on ONWARD back to back starting 10 October 2022.  The first cruise has a Destinination celebration listed in the shore excursion listing.   The second has an AzAmazing Evening listed:

FLAMENCO FUSION IN PUEBLO ESPAÑOL

Enjoy an enchanting performance of a flamenco fusion at Palma's historic Pueblo Español, in the Sala Magna.

Thank you for this info!!!!!   I realized this is for the Oct. 21 sailing which we are on so I just made the change in our Voyage Planner.    The last time I saw flamenco in Spain was back in 1970 on a student tour and we were inches from the dancers - a bit intimidating to a bunch of 17-19 year olds!   This looks like a very nice venue. 

We are also on a B2B but starting with this cruise.   The 2nd leg still has a Destination Celebration and it's one that doesn't sound like our cup of tea - French Bal Musette (First gaining popularity in the 1880s, bal-musette is a style of French music and dance that features a variety of waltzes, polkas and other rhythms played on the accordion.).   We may skip out / or skip this altogether.