Need help getting fcc

frannie

Booked a celebrity cruise and paid deposit $960.00 for 2 tickets . Kidneys failed and had to cancel cruise . Let celebrity know reason for cancellation. My husbands cancer has also returned. We will never be cruising again. Celebrity said they will keep 200 of the deposit and the balance will be a fcc . This is no good to us as i am on dialysis 3 times a week for 4 hours each day . Will never use the fcc . What can i do to get a refund if anything 

2 hours ago, frannie said:

Booked a celebrity cruise and paid deposit $960.00 for 2 tickets . Kidneys failed and had to cancel cruise . Let celebrity know reason for cancellation. My husbands cancer has also returned. We will never be cruising again. Celebrity said they will keep 200 of the deposit and the balance will be a fcc . This is no good to us as i am on dialysis 3 times a week for 4 hours each day . Will never use the fcc . What can i do to get a refund if anything 

Firstly sincere sympathy for your serious health issues. I hope you both are receiving good care and remaining comfortable.

I am unsure about your terms and conditions as it does vary between countries. Hopefully someone from Canada will reply. Certainly here in the UK we would be offered to swap to a later cruise (no use to you) or we would loose our deposit. If the terms and conditions are the same for you then then Celebrity has, as a ‘good will’ gesture,  offered the fcc. Whilst it may not be of use to you they may not be obliged to return your deposit. 

In your shoes I would look at insurance cover. If you took out travel insurance they should pay out minus any excess. If you didn’t check the terms and conditions of your credit card. Very often they do include some travel insurance…

Failing that do you have a relation you could ask Celebrity to ‘gift’ the fcc to? Perhaps a family member who also likes to cruise? Whilst I am sure Celebrity would not be obliged to do this, no harm asking and perhaps you would feel less like your money had just gone to waste…

Sincere best wishes for a positive outcome!

Edited by chemmo
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heard from bmo mastercard . they denied my requestfor refund they   said i cannot get refunded because i have a fcc with the line . Since i cannot use the FCC i put in a claim to my medoc traval insurance.  i knew the deposit was non refundable but i thought due to health issues they may make an exception . If it was not an issue with my health that could be fixed we would accept the FCC gladley and book again when healthy . thats not the case . we cannot travel anywhere anymore . very sad

Sorry to hear about your health challenges, I hope technology catches up to your ailment and helps. My understanding is the FCC are transferable. You may want to join a FB group or roll call group and look for someone local to you, then you can transfer your FCC to them and they can trade you something in return. Technically, I don't think you can sell a FCC for cash, but face to face, you can be more creative. I suggest someone local so you can be in the same room when you call Celebrity to apply to FCC to their cruise. There are a lot of scammers online and they are very slick and creative, so I'd make sure you know or have friends or a locality in common with the person on the other side of the transaction. You may even get help from a local brick and mortar travel agency in your hometown.  If you have $780 left, I'd expect a trade in the $650-$680 range.

Good luck! Hope this helps!

5 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

I am quite sure that you can transfer/'sell' this. If you can confirm this ; I may be able to help you out as I owe some on an upcoming cruise since I am your neighbour

Lol! Yes! We were typing at the same time. This is a great solution, and helpful to both parties.