Celebrity Silhouette - Fetch your own drinks from the bar...

prothed

On 9/28/2022 at 11:26 PM, NMTraveller said:

From following this board it sounds like most of the ships are not staffed up to normal levels yet and are a big hit or miss.

Give me a ring when cruising is back to normal...

Maybe this is the 'new' normal and you may choose to not cruise again for a long while until it is accepted accordingly, especially on this level of cruise line....

Maybe a step up is in order to achieve your desires in cruising...

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1

On 9/23/2022 at 1:09 PM, bdstickks0944 said:

Completely disagree with your opinions on the food and bar drinks 

Queuing at the bar was areal problem on our recent cruise in the buffet restaurent at times there were no drinks waiters hence the need to go to the bar to get your own .

Spoke to one or two of the staff who said it was down to shortage of staff .

Also i think it was the way the manager of the Bacio 2 bar was being inefficiently organised.

everything else on ship was up to standard

Just been reading this thread out of interest.

We tend to do a mixture on a cruise - sometimes we like to sit and wait for someone to come around and ask what we would like, other times we sit at the Martini Bar and at the Sunset Bar we tend to go to collect a drink. Service pre Covid was always very good, with the odd busy time when we had to wait a while.... a wave and a smile often helped 🙂

I do think that sometimes passengers lack patience. Will always remember on our first Celebrity cruise on Silhouette we were at the Pool bar being served and a very stroppy 'lady' came up to the bar tender and a waiter (who had just arrived and was really busy) and ranted at them (VERY rudely) that there were people by the pool waiting for a drink and she expected to be served NOW! She then trotted off back to the pool area. The waiter just looked at his colleague with a look that spoke volumes and went the other way. My husband and I almost clapped him. She was sooooo rude and he was having none of it ! Why she just didn't order a drink while she was there and take it back herself was beyond me as she was more than capable. She could also have mentioned then that that there were some other folk at the pool waiting.

I suppose what I am trying to say, and rambling a bit, is that sometimes the most well-meaning wine waiters are rushed off their feet and IF we can we just go to the bar. I can fully understand though that if you have a mobility issue then trying to catch someone's eye must be frustrating. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

We tend to do a mixture on a cruise - sometimes we like to sit and wait for someone to come around and ask what we would like, other times we sit at the Martini Bar and at the Sunset Bar we tend to go to collect a drink. Service pre Covid was always very good, with the odd busy time when we had to wait a while.... a wave and a smile often helped 🙂

I do think that sometimes passengers lack patience. Will always remember on our first Celebrity cruise on Silhouette we were at the Pool bar being served and a very stroppy 'lady' came up to the bar tender and a waiter (who had just arrived and was really busy) and ranted at them (VERY rudely) that there were people by the pool waiting for a drink and she expected to be served NOW! She then trotted off back to the pool area. The waiter just looked at his colleague with a look that spoke volumes and went the other way. My husband and I almost clapped him. She was sooooo rude and he was having none of it ! Why she just didn't order a drink while she was there and take it back herself was beyond me as she was more than capable. She could also have mentioned then that that there were some other folk at the pool waiting.

I suppose what I am trying to say, and rambling a bit, is that sometimes the most well-meaning wine waiters are rushed off their feet and IF we can we just go to the bar. I can fully understand though that if you have a mobility issue then trying to catch someone's eye must be frustrating. 

People just like to complain.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Thank you, thank you.  Pre-covid, DH or I would go to a bar to fetch our own drinks because we acknowledged we were having a period of impatience.  We met a great bartender or waiter, learned something about their country...by strolling over  to the bar.  AND we've continued that attitude in post-covid cruising.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1