AARP shopping cart disabled?

kaybeebee

On 9/25/2022 at 6:53 PM, Sue Goodreds said:

Allstate Rewards also sells Carnival gift cards with a 10% discount.  You do not have to have Allstate insurance but you do need to download their Drivewise app.

Thanks for the tip.  AARP is still down, so I followed your suggestion and downloaded the Allstate app and just purchased $300 ecards for $270.  Combined with my onboard credit, that should be enough for my S&S account on Freedom this December.  I will go in again in a couple of months and purchase enough to pay off my Alaska cruise next summer.  That should save me $200 of cruise rate.  This is awesome.

4 hours ago, bobbismith said:

I still can not check out. And Drivewise is not working for me. ugg

I in the same boat....  I leave in 6 days and want to pay for my tips.  I am hoping it changes soon.  I contacted them and was told "they working on it hard".  It is crazy to be down nearly 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, gazingm42 said:

Even with the message I just made a purchase of 4 X 100 cards.  I applied them for the tips already for my cruise next weekend.

There is the red italic message below the cart, AND when I click CheckOut I get a popup that says:

"Checkout is currently unavailable

"Checkout is currently in maintenance and is unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience" and only a button that says OKAY. No way to go ahead and make purchase.

2 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

There is the red italic message below the cart, AND when I click CheckOut I get a popup that says:

"Checkout is currently in maintenance and is unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience" and only a button that says OKAY. No way to go ahead and make purchase.

I experienced the same thing!

4 hours ago, crystalspin said:

I just logged in again,  I get that same pop up.  I must have slipped in between there testing of the

programmers testing.  I glad I received mine and they been applied to my cruise before this next weekend.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:54 AM, luv2trvlnow said:

People have been complaining there about not receiving the Carnival gift cards for months.  It takes time and patience to finally get them.  People have been told they haven't purchased them even though the money has been charged to their credit cards or deducted from their checking accounts.  I just don't think it is worth the discount there anymore.

I think I'm done with them, I'm currently out $3150 because a) their website screwed up and didn't complete my purchase yet charged my credit card and b) their customer service people have been incompetent.  I'll eventually get it straightened out, but it's just not worth the hassle.

1 hour ago, groundloop said:

I think I'm done with them, I'm currently out $3150 because a) their website screwed up and didn't complete my purchase yet charged my credit card and b) their customer service people have been incompetent.  I'll eventually get it straightened out, but it's just not worth the hassle.

I agree... done with them. Not worth the aggravation.

51 minutes ago, Jenzoe888 said:

Where on the AARP site are they? I can't find them.

Click "AARP Rewards" on the homepage banner. Scroll a little to Featured Rewards; in the top right corner of that box, it will say Skip To All Rewards with a down-arrow. Carnival Cards are almost always on the top row of All Rewards for me! 

Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity are for AARP Members only, but oddly, Princess and HAL are available to anyone. (Although I was already a member.)