Signing in to Website -- Problems

FLcruiser2011

6 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

It is resolved

No, it isn't for me. The workaround is to log in from manage cruise, but that only works since Wednesday when I booked a cruise. Without a booking, I was stuck in a loop that would never complete the log in. 

I think there are just a variety of lingering residual problems right now, after a massive IT outage that sometimes (more and more these days) takes a while to settle down again -- because of all the interconnectivity, widespread data replication and so on. I posted late yesterday that i wouldn't trust the X (or RCI) web for a while and I still think that's appropriate advice. Or at least go back tomorrow and confirm whatever was done today or last night. I did my check-in today but I will verify it all later . . . . .

I noticed today in my Order History that one of my "AI" packages has been "cancelled".  What?!?  It's a freebie (well sort of), so I might need to call X to get that straightened out. Maybe next week.

Edited by Moonarino

I agree that Celerity is still flaky.   I'm checking a Solstice Cruise Dec 3.   Celebrity site is showing Retreat Sold out and on AA.Com Cruises where i do most of my shopping is showing 5 available rooms.     Yesterday when Celebrity was intermittent a CS popped up and I was able to call my agent to book.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Moonarino said:

I think there are just a variety of lingering residual problems right now, after a massive IT outage that sometimes (more and more these days) takes a while to settle down again -- because of all the interconnectivity, widespread data replication and so on. I posted late yesterday that i wouldn't trust the X (or RCI) web for a while and I still think that's appropriate advice. Or at least go back tomorrow and confirm whatever was done today or last night. I did my check-in today but I will verify it all later . . . . .

I noticed today in my Order History that one of my "AI" packages has been "cancelled".  What?!?  It's a freebie (well sort of), so I might need to call X to get that straightened out. Maybe next week.

Are you referring to the drinks package part being cancelled? If not, skip the rest. If so, a lot of folks here have had it happen...including yours truly. Still is. Many have been assured that the package is still on our invoices, etc. after contacting X.  Some folks report that their wifi package is also cancelled.

This happened before the outage.

Here's one thread on it...

ETA: And BTW, I certainly agree about residual effects, lol...I worked in Dev and IT for most of my career...like you, I have stories...

To me, this last outage looked akin to having to do a complete restore from backups...certainly not maintenance...

Edited by dlh015
  • Thanks 1

@dlh015, yep, that's exactly my problem. Thanks a bunch for the tip!

And yeah I was thinking the same thing, about having to restore from backups. That would explain why my email address change "didn't work". Well it probably did till last night, when that change was (probably) overwritten from old backups.

I'm sure you'll agree that IT life never gets boring lol . . . . . even in retirement it can still be a huge "adventure" for me. (Edit to add) I pretty much did at least a little bit of all of it, from design to cabling, programming, email server build-&-admin, to budgeting, contracts and risk analysis. Lots of job security in that industry, at least for those who can take the pressure.

Edited by Moonarino