Insignia Dec 28th Panama Canal Cruise - Grand Cayman Cancelled?

halfapair

We are booked on the December 28th sailing on Insignia from Miami to San Francisco, via the Panama Canal. Our first stop was supposed to be on December 30th at Grand Cayman. It has been grayed out in the Shore Excursion area, so no bookings are possible. I called Oceania and the rep confirmed that it's not available for bookings, which means that stop is most likely cancelled.

Has anyone been on a cruise lately that was supposed to stop at Grand Cayman, but got cancelled? Do they typically substitute another port? Or do we just float around for 4 days in the Caribbean waiting for Cartagena?

They are listed generally, but if you have a booking, and you want to book a shore excursion for your cruise, you cannot. When you go into the booking tool, the day is grayed out like a sea day. The first available port to book a shore excursion is Cartagena, Columbia.

1 hour ago, halfapair said:

They are listed generally, but if you have a booking, and you want to book a shore excursion for your cruise, you cannot. When you go into the booking tool, the day is grayed out like a sea day. The first available port to book a shore excursion is Cartagena, Columbia.

AHHH

Maybe  booked up  I see the cruise is part of the RTW cruise 

Hopefully they will be able to get more tour providers

However  GC is easy to DIY   (if you should get there )

12 hours ago, halfapair said:

I am on Sirena Jan. 28 due to stop in Grand Cayman and it is the same for us. I actually booked an excursion there a month ago. Now when I look, the port is grayed out (can't book excursions) and the one I booked is no longer showing. When I emailed about it they said nothing about the port being cancelled. They said there might be a problem with site. Sounds fishy to me though. Hope it's not cancelled.

This site does list the Insignia being at Grand Cayman on December 30, 2022:

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/grand-cayman-island-port-25?tab=schedule&month=2022-12#schedule

I did read on the Port board for Cayman Islands that some places like The White House are permanently closed. Oceania is still offering The White House as a shore excursion on their generic S/E page. So maybe the operators they have worked with in the past (pre pandemic) are no longer in business.🤷🏼‍♀️