"Icon of The Seas" Rendering

It will be bigger than Wonder, 250 000 tons, a four stripe officer said on Wonder, we added that and this, and the intension of a size smaller than Oasis was changes. 

Then, the price of NLG has gone up 10x now, will this ship have a diesel-electric engine as well, as NLG will probably be too expensive to operate.

I wonder about the volatility of LNG as opposed to diesel pertaining to leaks or fueling.  Will the Icon be a floating bomb?  Inherent dangers when refueling?  I’ve heard people are even told not to smoke on the open decks while fueling. 
I know it sounds silly, but how much more dangerous is LNG over diesel on a ship? 

Also, I thought the engines could be run on LNG or diesel. 

44 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I wonder about the volatility of LNG as opposed to diesel pertaining to leaks or fueling.  Will the Icon be a floating bomb?  Inherent dangers when refueling?  I’ve heard people are even told not to smoke on the open decks while fueling. 
I know it sounds silly, but how much more dangerous is LNG over diesel on a ship? 

Also, I thought the engines could be run on LNG or diesel. 

There are already 7 LNG-powered ships in operation, which are mainly operated by the Carnival corporation. Disney Cruise Line also operates a LNG-powered ship. The first LNG-powered cruise ship (AIDAnova) went into service in 2018. This is not a new technology.

Corinna

13 hours ago, London-Calling said:

Thanks Biker 19. where is that thread please?

You mean the thread "Icon Blocks In The House" that's been running for about two years on this forum and over 60 pages long? Here you go. It's right here on the first page of the forum. 

SO MUCH information about Icon in there, long before Royal has been revealing anything, including hundreds of drone photos of the actual ship. That rendering is something done by a fan with a home computer. 🙂