Advice re Iona

scotbean

Hi 

this will be our first cruise post-covid  - we sail on Iona in 2 weeks time (family of 4)

I have read about the app etc and through the website I can see that various restaurants are available to book (but no theatres as yet)

I just wondered if booking is really necessary? And if it is - when will the theatre be available to book as we always like to see all of the shows 

If you don't book the theatre can you still get in to see the shows? 

I like to be organised but at the same time have so much to do before we leave that I'm not sure I can get my head around knowing what we want to do every day and night of our holiday - it's meant to be relaxed lol!

Any advice from people who have been would be much appreciated thank you 

24 minutes ago, scotbean said:

Hi 

this will be our first cruise post-covid  - we sail on Iona in 2 weeks time (family of 4)

I have read about the app etc and through the website I can see that various restaurants are available to book (but no theatres as yet)

I just wondered if booking is really necessary? And if it is - when will the theatre be available to book as we always like to see all of the shows 

If you don't book the theatre can you still get in to see the shows? 

I like to be organised but at the same time have so much to do before we leave that I'm not sure I can get my head around knowing what we want to do every day and night of our holiday - it's meant to be relaxed lol!

Any advice from people who have been would be much appreciated thank you 

We have not been on Iona yet, but will be joining you in 2 weeks. However on Britannia in June although we did use the app to book the theatre, many didn't but were stil allowed in, and the 8:30 shows were never full.

We did pre book Sindhu and Epicurean, but will not bother this time as we were underwhelmed with both, but we did enjoy the Beech House so will certainly be booking that once on board.

If you have a smart phone then using the app is fairly easy, we found that the queues for the MDRs on the app were never excessive and we were advised that our table was ready within a few minutes of the booking, however we always chose to share a table so that will have pushed us ahead of those wanting a table for two.

• Like 2

we are on Iona in two weeks and have been looking at entertain bookings

found this in the Q&A

Q:

Can I pre-book the entertainment on board?
A:

As we return to sailing, we’ve new health protocols in place to protect the well-being of everyone on board and things will look and feel a little different. You’ll be able to view the bookable events via My P&O Cruises before your holiday or can book once you’re on board. Some events can be booked by turning up on the day and this will be managed on board. Please refer to your daily Horizon paper when you get on board for the booking details of each event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi. Just back from Norway on the Iona.

The only thing I was able to book in advance was the entertainment in the Headliners and Limelight. I seem to recall these becoming available a fortnight or so before sailing so keep checking.

Couldn't book any restaurants beforehand (despite other posts suggesting it was possible) and the Epicurean & Sindhu were fully booked by the time I'd got the "app" reinstalled.

For the "app" you'll need the last six numbers from your cruise card which you pick up from the pigeon hole outside your cabin. As an alternative there were two kiosks on deck 6 of the main atrium (where you embark) with staff helping to install on your mobile using your boarding card instead.

• Like 1

We came off Azura last week and it was definitely a good idea to book for the shows. I booked every one for 2 weeks through the app on departure day. Pax who hadn't booked and just turned up - especially for the 8.30 shows - were made to stand by the wall next to the entrance doors until just before the start. Everybody got in but of course most of the good seats had gone by then and groups were split up. One of the Headliners shows was cancelled because of illness in the cast & Astonishing had to be rescheduled for the last night after we had all sat in the theatre until about 8.40 on the original night only for an announcement to be made that the ship's movement was making it unsafe for the performers. In addition, another 8.30 show - the one with Matilda & Jersey Boys, lasted for about 10 minutes before the curtain came down and was eventually abandoned owing to something being wrong on the stage.

The 10.30 went ahead but cut out the first number completely - 9 to 5 I think it was.

I

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Red Ray said:

We came off Azura last week and it was definitely a good idea to book for the shows. I booked every one for 2 weeks through the app on departure day. Pax who hadn't booked and just turned up - especially for the 8.30 shows - were made to stand by the wall next to the entrance doors until just before the start. Everybody got in but of course most of the good seats had gone by then and groups were split up. One of the Headliners shows was cancelled because of illness in the cast & Astonishing had to be rescheduled for the last night after we had all sat in the theatre until about 8.40 on the original night only for an announcement to be made that the ship's movement was making it unsafe for the performers. In addition, another 8.30 show - the one with Matilda & Jersey Boys, lasted for about 10 minutes before the curtain came down and was eventually abandoned owing to something being wrong on the stage.

The 10.30 went ahead but cut out the first number completely - 9 to 5 I think it was.

I

still not showing as available to book for us - only Limelight which I am not bothering with as don't fancy either of the acts 

10 hours ago, amajaa said:

Sorry different subject but still advice about Iona, does anyone know which decks are being used as quarantine decks at the moment please?

We didn't see any signs for quarantine decks or cabins last week on Iona and we did a full explore of all decks 4 - 19! (I think; defo down to 6 anyway, or maybe 5?)